Company: Kiros Catering
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Position Title: Executive Chef
Location: Irvine, CA
Since 2007, Kiros Catering has built an outstanding reputation as
one of the leading catering companies in Orange County by offering
tailored catering services which provide a complete solution for
planning all kinds of events. Our clients include corporate
companies, hospitals, universities, schools, public and private
sector entities as well as airline companies. Kiros Catering has
been serving exquisite all-inclusive meals to Orange County, Los
Angeles, and the Inland Empire. Kiros Catering holds HACCP & ISO
22000:2005 certification with a vigilant and attentive team when it
comes to Food safety & Hygiene standards.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:Our Executive Chef position requires culinary
passion, a friendly attitude, and the ability to multi-task - this
person is a positive leader setting the tone of excellence, hard
work and professionalism. Responsible for menu development,
culinary creativity, leadership in the kitchen, and staff
management. This team member creates and manages production to
ensure consistent, excellent, and efficient work by managing food
costs and meeting labor goals.
- Should have at least 5 years of Executive Chefs position in a
high-volume, fine dining catering or banquet Chef experience.
- Must have a degree in Culinary Arts.
- Must be knowledgeable in different types of cuisine and dietary
requirements including vegan and vegetarian.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems and Catering
system company approved.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high-pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving
- Must be effective at listening to clarify and resolve the
concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and
other food items for cooking in ovens, grills, fryers, and a
variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Uses our defined recipes for preparation and portioning of all
products, portion food products prior to cooking according to
standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion
sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules,
policies, and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation and kitchen/delivery
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers employees and other
- Adapts and remains positive during changes to processes and
- Organize production for several different events menus and
several different cuisines simultaneously.
- Managing other members of the culinary team with primary focus
on training and supervising of daily work assignments.
- Communicates with GM and Sales Team to plan details of menus
and logistics of transportation and service with required equipment
and staffing needs.
- Attends events in the field, as necessary.
- Develops and executes an innovative and creative menu with
- Promotes a highly organized, self-motivated, and efficient work
- Understands all business aspects of running a kitchen -- labor
and food costs, waste, inventory.
- Review B.E.O.s and attend the weekly B.E.O. Meeting.
- Review/change menus as per corporate directive and hold menu
tastings for our clients.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the GM.
SALARIED + BENEFITS (Depending on Experience)
AVAILABILITY: Monday - Friday, Weekends & Holidays
--- Kiros Catering is an equal opportunity employer. At Kiros
Catering, we are committed to treating all Applicants and
Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and
experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
any other classification protected by law.
Keywords: Kiros Catering, Irvine , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!