Accounting Manager - Omnichannel (Retail & eCommerce
Company: 5.11, Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Located in Irvine,
California, 5.11 is the fastest-growing and most well-known brand
of purpose-built apparel, footwear and gear designed specifically
to enhance the safety, accuracy, speed and performance of tactical
professionals and technical enthusiasts worldwide. With offices
around the globe, 5.11 works directly with end users to create
products that exceed rigorous standards and has allowed the brand
to establish a reputation for innovation and authenticity, and
become the premier choice for those who always have to be ready.
Our purpose-built gear has developed strong consumer demand,
creating a direct-to-consumer business that is now our largest
growth engine. 5.11 products can be purchased online, through
authorized dealers and retailers, as well as at 5.11 company-owned
retail stores. Our long-term vision is to build an iconic global
brand rooted in innovating purpose-built gear for the most demand
missions, inspiring the world to always be ready. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Omnichannel Accounting Manager reports to the Vice President,
Finance and will be responsible for the accounting and financial
support for the 5.11 Omnichannel business (5.11 E-commerce, 5.11
Retail stores and 5.11 Amazon). This position requires great
interpersonal skills, the ability to interact cross functionally,
and the ability to problem solve and think analytically. In
addition, this position will supervise the Retail Accounting
- Prepare or review team journal entries in accordance with
relevant accounting standards (e.g. U.S. GAAP), and for accuracy,
- Perform and review monthly reconciliations for the Omni
business, including but not limited to, accounts receivable, cash,
prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, and intercompany accounts.
Research variances and propose adjustments to correct account
balances prior to their submission to the 5.11 financial team, to
ensure the highest levels of accuracy.
- Assist with the annual budgeting and forecasting process. On a
monthly basis, analyze and investigate budget vs. actual results
for revenues, gross margin and operating expenses, and work with
the business to provide explanation of variances and identify risk
or opportunity for the forecast.
- Working with the SVP of Omnichannel, develop critical metrics
and key performance indicators to report on a
weekly/monthly/quarterly basis, including annualized revenue vs.
- Develop and produce robust reporting packages including but not
limited to: category analysis, product margin analysis, inventory
levels, CAPEX by store, and impact and progress from E-commerce
ship from store.
- Directly or through coordination with our IT team, produce a
variety of complex reports and/or analysis on an ad-hoc basis in
response to executive or upper management inquiries.
- Manage accounting human resource objectives by training,
assigning, coaching, and counseling; communicating clear job
expectations; appraising and reviewing personnel contributions; and
developing / enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintain ICOFR established by Internal Audit.
- Successful completion of ad hoc projects as deemed necessary by
the CFO or the VP, Finance. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent degree from an accredited
university in accounting or finance.
- 5+ years of broad-based accounting-related work experience,
including 3+ years of prior supervisory experience.--
- 2+ years of retail or ecommerce financial experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (ability to
present to senior management)
- Flexibility to perform effectively in a fast-paced
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with emphasis
on meeting tight deadlines. Occasional weekend work may be required
to meet deadlines
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and concepts based
on US GAAP
- Advanced analysis and Excel skills and familiarity using and
extracting date from ERP systems
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and
Outlook. ETHOS: At 5.11 Tactical, everyone has the opportunity to
be a leader and perform in an exceptional manner. We strive to
uphold our Ethos which defines our culture - Trusted, Responsive,
Accountable and Committed.
- Strive to create trust in everything we do, starting with
self-trust and relationship trust. We work on the components of
integrity, intent, capability and results.
- Listen to the needs of our end-user Professionals, then
develop, produce and deliver solutions to their problems. Each of
us chooses to be a leader and takes charge of what is within our
circle of influence.
- Seek to achieve results with a bias for action. We like to
compete and be measured against the most demanding standards to
ensure our continued success.
- Overcome obstacles to accomplish our goals and support our team
members when challenges arise. We complete commitments and seek to
'over-deliver" relative to expectations. It is 5.11 practice to
hire at age 18 and older. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: 5.11, Inc., Irvine , Accounting Manager - Omnichannel (Retail & eCommerce, Hospitality & Tourism , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!