Field Clinical Specialist, Lubbock, TX
Company: Edwards Lifesciences
Posted on: January 13, 2019
Become a driving force in the launch and commercialization of the groundbreaking, interventional cardiology device, the Transcatheter Heart Valve (THV). As an integral part of the team, incumbents will attend cases within a territory and assist clinicians in the development of THV procedural skills. The selected candidate will advise Cardiologists and Surgeons in patient selection, partner on training, attend implants and manage any complaints that arise. The goal will be to help make each site independent on procedures, product preparation and support. Field Clinical Specialists will provide comprehensive guidance on the use of the device, thereby enabling physicians and staff to reach expert proficiency and deliver positive patient outcomes.
This role reports to an assigned Regional Director and will collaborate with multiple departments including Sales, Clinical Affairs, Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, and Education. After extensive training, a Field Clinical Specialist will travel frequently within an assigned territory, introducing, promoting and clinically training customers on the THV technology.
- Acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of our products/therapies and develop an extensive understanding of all their applications
- Utilize acquired knowledge to educate physicians and staff to reach expert proficiency in the THV procedure to deliver positive patient outcomes
- Attend implants, conduct device preparation and crimping of the Sapien valve in each assigned case; consult with physicians to support them in reaching expert proficiency in the THV procedure to deliver positive patient outcomes; manage complaint handling process as needed
- Supports cases outside of assigned region, on an as needed basis.
- Partner with Territory Managers to develop the proper selection criteria for sites
- Partner with the proctor and sales organization to plan and implement physician and support staff trainings
- Collaborate with the Territory Manager on growing the THV therapy through therapy awareness programs
- Advise Cardiologists and Surgeons in the patient selection process
- Assist in the development of the THV procedure in both Cardiology and Surgery
An associate's or equivalent two (2) year clinical degree in Life Sciences or related field or equivalent work experience is required, including a minimum of seven (7) years experience as a commercial Clinical Sales Specialist within the medical device industry. A minimum of five (5) years experience working in the sterile environment of a cath lab or operating room required. Direct clinical experience within interventional cardiology may substitute for some corporate experience.
- Previous experience with education and training in a clinical setting
- Expert clinical skills specifically in cardiac surgery or interventional cardiology are strongly preferred; exceptional candidates with other relevant medical device clinical sales support experience will be considered including but not limited to CRM and Spine
- A Sales skill-set that includes drive and self-motivation, strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to plan, organize, close and deliver, and the capacity to work autonomously
- The ability to travel extensively (approx 60-70") and the flexibility to easily change hats between technical and sales requirements
- Candidates medically trained to the technician or nurse level are highly preferred
- A successful track record closing technical medical sales also a plus
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence key decision makers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, interfacing with multiple constituencies including cardiologists, support staff and sales in order to effectively build relationships with external customers and internal team members
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a competitive drive, and a work ethic conducive to success
- Initiative and follow-through on tasks, collaborative across different functions and extend your role beyond the expressed Clinical Specialist requirements
Keywords: Edwards Lifesciences, Irvine , Field Clinical Specialist, Lubbock, TX, Healthcare , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!