MEDICAL ASSISTANT II - HHC ISC BREAST CARE & IMAGING
Company: Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Salary Range: $21.0000 - $32.2900 /hour
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Medical Assistant II (MA) is responsible for maintaining a
highly professional environment and ensuring a collaborative
relationship with patients and physicians.
- The MA will assist with the non-clinical tasks required to
ensure smooth patient access and flow including scheduling patients
which can include follow-up office visits, imaging and lab work,
and preparation of appropriate chart elements.
- The responsibilities of this position would also include the
pre-authorization process and acting as a liaison between the
providers and patients.
- The Medical Assistant will work collaboratively with staff to
ensure all proper records are received and all appropriate testing
is completed prior to the appointment/surgery date.
- The Medical Assistant will provide updates to the staff and
patients on the timing and status of all the above tasks that could
have an impact on the patient's health and/or testing and treatment
- Ensures even patient flow and continuous communication within
Hoag and referring physician offices.
- May be required to start at a different location throughout the
workweek or travel to multiple sites. Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program or equivalent medical
- Ability to anticipate provider needs/ critical thinking skills
that come from experience Certifications required:
- Current BLS Certification required. Certifications Preferred
- Medical Assistant Certification
- CPR certification required or willing to obtain within 30 days
- Current Limited Phlebotomy Certification
Keywords: Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, Irvine , MEDICAL ASSISTANT II - HHC ISC BREAST CARE & IMAGING, Healthcare , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...