Addiction Medicine Therapist II
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Summary: Provides Chemical Dependency services to adults,
adolescents and significant others of CD patients under
- Under the direction of a licensed clinical supervisor performs
- Answers and triages patient calls for information, Tx services,
general CD advice.
- Responds to and appropriately handles crisis calls.
- Identifies need for higher level assessment (e.g. other,
non-CD, MH diagnoses; danger to self or others; non-CD crisis
evaluations; emotional/family dysfunction).
- Performs intake and psychosocial assessments.
- Develops and presents treatment plans to CDRP/S treatment team
for recommendations, revisions and approval.
- Participates in clinical case conferences.
- Conducts chemical dependency focused educational lectures.
- Provides general chemical dependency counseling to include
individual and group counseling services.
- May provide Adolescent, Significant Other, Family and
Multi-Family therapy only under licensed supervision as
- Provides case management services to include resource and
- May perform mentor functions to Alcohol or Drug Certificate
candidates as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of supervised and related (may include
adolescent, adult, family, co-dependent) work experience in the
field of chemical dependency treatment. --Will consider successful
completion of a KP addiction medicine internship in lieu of
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, sociology or other
field related to behavioral health.License, Certification,
- Associate Professional Clinical Counselor Registration
(California) OR Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
(California) OR Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker
- Once hired as an Associate, an employee will be offered and
must work a schedule that would accumulate at least half of the
required supervisory hours annually.
- Upon completion of supervised hours, the employee must obtain
state licensure within two and one-half (2.5) years. If hired as a
license-eligible employee (i.e. has completed all clinical hours),
the employee has two and one-half (2.5) years from their date of
hire to complete state licensure.--Preferred Qualifications:
- ADM and PSY experience preferred.Notes:
- Remote work can be available after 6 months if operations
allow.Job Schedule: Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social
Services & Spiritual Care
Keywords: Kaiser, Irvine , Addiction Medicine Therapist II, Healthcare , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...