Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - West
Company: BIOATLA Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJoin BioAtla Inc.! We are seeking motivating
individuals who are passionate about bringing new cancer medicines
to patients. About UsBioAtla is a global clinical-stage
biotechnology company with operations in San Diego, California.
BioAtla develops novel monoclonal antibody and other protein
therapeutic product candidates designed to have more selective
targeting, greater efficacy, and more cost-efficient and
predictable manufacturing than traditional antibodies. BioAtla has
a robust pipeline with two programs currently in Phase 2 clinical
testing in the United States, BA3011, a novel conditionally active
AXL-targeted antibody-drug conjugate (CAB-AXL-ADC), and BA3021, a
novel conditionally active ROR2-targeted antibody-drug conjugate
(CAB-ROR2-ADC). SummaryJoin an experienced team with a track record
of success! The successful candidate will be the trusted scientific
partners in the field for external experts and decision-makers
engaging in mutual scientific exchanges to accelerate data
dissemination. MSLs enhance the understanding of the scientific and
medical value of our therapeutics in oncology and gather new
insights by bringing cutting edge scientific exchange.Being
resourceful and able to thrive in a small Company environment is a
key component of this position. Position is field based on the West
Coast.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engages external stakeholders on medical and scientific
information exchange for oncology during one-on-one interactions
and group settings, exhibiting excellent scientific and clinical
- Uses strong knowledge of oncology and oncology management
protocols, healthcare environment and competitors to articulate the
medical and scientific value of our therapeutics with external
- Establishes robust, long-term peer relationships with clinical
trial sites, investigators and patient advocacy groups.
- Actively engages with appropriate stakeholders on medical,
clinical, epidemiologic, and scientific topics to advance their
understanding of the oncology by sharing information and answering
questions based on approved material within Regulatory
- Gathers data and generates insights from stakeholder
interactions and provides feedback to the organization.
- Critically and routinely evaluates and discerns from the
information gained from published studies, and stakeholder
interactions to develop key insights that deepen our understanding
of the market's needs and opinions of external stakeholders and
therefore contribute to enhancement of the company's scientific
messages, plans, strategy, systems, and product development.
- Maintains awareness of and assesses emerging evidence in
disease area to educate and enhance discussions with key
- Maintains awareness of clinical trial activity within territory
and suggests clinical trials sites as requested.
- Able to operate independently (with minimal supervision) and
navigate complex regulatory environments in person and via digital
channels from remote (non-office based) environment.
- Travel greater than 50% and to evolve as sites permit.Work
Environment and ConditionsPosition is field-based with roughly 50%
overnight travel. Able to use field-based electronic or other
communication tools for all aspects of the job is critical.Position
Type and Expected Work HoursThis is a full-time position, typically
scheduled to work Monday through Friday. Extensive time is spent at
the computer and requires the ability to occasionally lift and
carry up to 25 pounds. Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in a technical, scientific or medical field
(MD, PhD, Pharm D) preferred, or other relevant Life Sciences
Degree (RN/MS) with Healthcare Specialty required.
- At least 2 years MSL experience is required and 5 years or more
of experience is preferred.
- Previous solid tumor oncology experience required. Experience
in immuno-oncology with focus on lung cancer, melanoma and sarcoma
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and ability
to pass a complete background check.
- Responsible for operating the motor vehicle using safe driving
practices, knowledge of and compliance with all company policies,
and obeying all traffic laws.
- Experience working closely with investigative sites, and
clinical trial personnel.
- Clear understanding of medical practice, clinical decision
making and healthcare systems in region related to patient
- Ability to interpret key scientific data and translate this
information to meet educational and research needs.
- Demonstrated ability to address educational and research needs
through delivery of cutting edge scientific/evidenced based
- Understand the design and execution of research studies.
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in working on multi-disciplinary teams and managing
significant volume of projects.
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced, high accountability, small
- A "can do" and collegial professional who leads through
influence and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in partnership with a multidisciplinary group
of colleagues and translating concepts into practical
- Able to travel up to 50% Powered by JazzHRrxMNg3DukZ
Keywords: BIOATLA Inc., Irvine , Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - West, Healthcare , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!