Endoscopy Tech (POOL) - Barranca Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Location: US-CA-Irvine# of Openings: 1Category: Per DiemSystem
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are actively hiring for an Endoscopy Technician.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Function as an assistive person during endoscopy procedures by
- Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects
and chemical, electrical, mechanical, and thermal sources.
- Demonstrating safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patient's
- Handling specimens according to facility policy and
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal
- Performing interventions to maintain the patient's wound and
tissue perfusion at or above baseline levels
- Performing interventions to protect the patient from
- Protecting the patient's rights, dignity, and privacy
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care
within legal standards of practice.
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation
and time-out policy
- Assembling supplies and equipment required for the
- Preparing and organizing sterile supplies and instruments for
- Providing instruments and supplies to the endoscopist during
- Maintaining an organized sterile field.
- Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to
- Maintain endoscopy instruments and accessories in working
order. Troubleshoots and recognizes malfunctions
- Clean and prepare equipment and instruments for processing and
transport them to the decontamination areas.
- Ensure scopes are prepared for use in accordance with policies
and procedures and manufacturer's instructions for use
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills
with members of the team and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning
- Assist with post procedure cleaning of the procedure room and
preparation of room for subsequent patients.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and
confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Prior Experience as a GI Tech preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of
employment or documentation of current BCLS certification.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases,
chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours
As a representative of Surgical Care Affiliates, all comments,
attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct impact on the
Facility's success. Interaction with patients, families,
physicians, referral sources, affiliated schools, visitors,
volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. must be in a
manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful,
cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an
atmosphere of teamwork, a culture of safety, and in accordance with
SCA Core Values.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Irvine , Endoscopy Tech (POOL) - Barranca Surgery Center, Healthcare , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!