Sr Specialist, Global Health Economics & Reimbursement - TMTT
Company: Edwards Lifesciences Gruppe
Posted on: February 22, 2021
We have made changes to enhance your experience. If you have
applied for a job previously, you will need to create a new
account. Thank you for your patience. Sr Specialist, Global Health
Economics & Reimbursement - TMTT USA - California - Irvine This is
a great opportunity to join a Global Health Economics &
Reimbursement (GHER) team that is playing a key role in the success
of our Transcatheter Mitral and Tricuspid valve Technologies (TMTT)
business at Edwards Lifesciences business. As a Sr. Specialist, you
will assist in developing evidence-based value propositions and
implementing evidence strategies to address market access needs
that support our TMTT business unit. This position is based at the
corporate headquarters in Irvine, California. Primary
- Contribute to the market access strategies that enhance global
patient access to TMTT therapies.
- Conduct real world data research to quantify the clinical and
economic impact of TMTT therapies.
- Develop resources and deliverables that demonstrate product
value including economic models, value dossiers, and slide
- Work with Public Affairs, Medical Affairs, Marketing and
Clinical Affairs to develop compelling HEOR value
- Provide appropriate support in educating sales, marketing,
clinical, regulatory, and legal teams in other global offices to
increase awareness and understanding of health economics and
- Support the development of HTA and reimbursement submissions by
leveraging key evidence and internal resources
- Provide input to the interpretation of clinical, economic, and
humanistic evidence relevant to the TMTT business
- Monitor changes in the external environment (health policy and
regulatory) and advise senior leadership on threats and
opportunities with suggested action plans.
- Ongoing review and evaluation of scientific literature relevant
to the TMTT business. Basic Qualifications: The successful
candidate will develop synergies across the organization and foster
strong internal and external relationships to achieve market access
goals and objectives. Critical skills and experience for this
- Bachelor's degree in a life science, health economics,
healthcare finance, health policy, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience in med tech,
healthcare, or pharma industry is required.
- Understanding of key public and private payer policy
infrastructure, payment methodologies, coding and coverage; health
policy trends, and current business challenges.
- Previous experience in, or strong working knowledge of, medical
device industry, especially with functional responsibility in
health economics and reimbursement planning and program
implementation is preferred.
- Experience working with customers (payers, hospitals and/or
physicians), professional and medical organizations and ability to
develop mutually beneficial health economics and reimbursement
strategies and tactics to support portfolio planning,
commercialization, and sales/marketing objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and experience
working with various internal business partners (especially Sales,
Marketing, Medical Affairs, Clinical, Regulatory, Legal, and
Government Affairs staff) to provide insight into key market access
- Self-motivated and able to advance projects with limited
- Domestic travel up to 10%. Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree in a life science, health economics, healthcare
finance, health policy, or related field required.
- Formal training or experience in health economics and/or
outcomes research a strong plus. E dwards is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected
Veterans and individuals with disabilities. Full time Req-4941
About Us Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in
patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease,
as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a
passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's
leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare
needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has
extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America
and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.--
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work.
From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart
valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the
critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and
improve the quality of their life.
Keywords: Edwards Lifesciences Gruppe, Irvine , Sr Specialist, Global Health Economics & Reimbursement - TMTT, Healthcare , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!