Product Design Manager
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Product Design Manager
As a Product Design Manager at Weedmaps, you will lead a team of
designers working closely with cross-functional teams across
Product, Engineering, and Marketing. Your strong communication and
mentoring skills will allow you to coach and encourage members of
your team as their skills develop. Your strong UX and interaction
skills make you a valuable creative director, and a hands-on
contributor when necessary. Your attention to detail ensures
consistent high-quality work from a growing team. You keep the team
moving at pace and have the ability to help shape product strategy.
We are a data-first team, and you will be relied upon to make sure
we continue to make informed decisions.
The impact you'll make:
- Lead and develop a team of designers, setting clear objectives,
managing workloads, and ensuring that deadlines/requirements are
- Help develop best practices for the team, ensuring a
- Drive a culture of experimentation and data-based decision
- Actively participate in the hiring process to help recruit new
- Meet with designers on a regular basis to provide design
feedback, discuss career growth, work satisfaction, and set them up
- Work with the team to create a design vision and strategy that
aligns business goals with user needs and expectations.
- Provide hands-on design assistance when necessary.
What you've accomplished:
- (5+) years of experience in leading and managing
- Experience building end-to-end product designs.
- Experience with user research and usability testing.
- Experience presenting design concepts clearly and effectively
to colleagues, stakeholders and executives.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical
- Strong portfolio featuring visual and interaction design work
for both B2C and B2B applications.
- Strong knowledge of current design tools, and a passion for
discovering new tools, processes, and trends.
- Knowledge of front-end coding concepts such as HTML5 / CSS /
- Familiarity with Design Systems, Human Interface Guidelines and
- Experience with Design Thinking and Design Sprints.
- Knowledge and passion for the cannabis industry
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee
- 3 weeks accrued PTO and 5 immediate sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- The fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other
- Casual work environment, read "no suit and tie required," but
you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other
basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest
and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop
the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the
marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses
E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired
employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
About Weedmaps:Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology
and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our
suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of
sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to
scale their businesses while complying with the complex and
disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In
addition, our platform provides consumers with information
regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms,
including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product
discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis
and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine,
California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the
world, with offices including Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Denver,
New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Keywords: Weedmaps, Irvine , Product Design Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!