Credit Portfolio Manager 2 - Manual Decision Analysis and Control
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: October 12, 2019
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs
and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented
people who will put our customers at the center of everything we
do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued
and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Help
us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo
businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several
key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes,
information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model,
operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and
technology risk.The group provides leadership, enhances
communications, assists with problem identification and solutions,
and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an
enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of
Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect
multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when
business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.Leads
the Manual Decision Analysis and Control (MDAC) team with the
following areas of responsibility:
- Ensure underwriters are appropriately following risk appetite,
credit policy, and prescriptive guidance in their manually
- Develop reporting and conduct analysis at the
Underwriter/Team/Market/Region level to identify decisions outside
of prescribed parameters
- Lead the effort to develop, utilize, and deploy Tableau
reporting for the MDAC Team
- Modify or create reports necessary to monitor structured
- Identify Underwriters/Teams/Markets/Regions with material
deviations from prescribed underwriting standards.
- Evaluate underwriting for negative trends or outliers and
identify underwriters with material deviations from prescribed
- Underwriters approving loans they should not be, CLUs declining
loans within risk appetite, etc.
- Compare and contrast exception rates at the underwriter level
to identify outliers and then investigate if their decisions are
- Compare and contrast decline rates at the underwriter level to
identify outliers and then investigate if their decisions are
- Evaluate Teams/Markets/Regions for negative trends or
- Develop Weekly / Monthly Performance Tracking at
- Identify areas of high risk exposure and missed opportunities
for quality business.
- Review trends related to in-policy approvals and declines.
- Review appropriateness of manual overrides of automated
- Ensure team members are not avoiding risk and CLUs are not
declining loans they should not be
- Working with Originations Risk team, MDAC will identify
segments of loans with better than average performance and analyze
application flow for low approval rates.
- Periodically review the quality of application mix to identify
territories with abnormally low quality applications and share
findings with Line of Business to determine if mix is related to
market demographics or adverse selection.
- Identify segments with issues/opportunities and help develop
- Develop Structured and Prescriptive Guidance
- Support efforts to systematize SCOPE document
- Establish automated workflows to aid, guide and constrain
underwriting process. Prescribed decision workflows designed for
each transaction type
- Require to gain incremental information to move forward in
- Address evaluation of specific transaction values
- Systemic lending authority, with specific override codes, for
- REASON and AA codes pre-fill with specific requirements
- Support larger Credit Risk Implementation team
- Assist in the management of the Policy Exception Escalation
- Monitor month to date policy exception reporting to identify
outliers and trends to ensure consistent application and treatment
of risk metrics.
- Policy Exceptions Override Analysis for appropriateness of
- Identify causes and drivers resulting in PE triggers.
- Develop appropriate dashboards for Manual Decision Control and
- Support Credit Support team in the establishment of "Watch" and
"Action Items." Preferred locations: Chandler, AZ; Charlotte, NC;
Des Moines, IA; Irvine, CA; Wilmington, DE; Winston-Salem, NC, but
open to any Wells Fargo hub location or telecommute option for the
right candidate.As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to
achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business.
Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where
your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work
that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing
and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and
feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and
managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 3+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data
management, reporting and query tools
- 7+ years of risk experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Tableau experience
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with scorecard development and other underwriting
tools utilizing large datasets
- Six Sigma certification or other similar process orientation
- General knowledge and understanding of underwriting
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Irvine , Credit Portfolio Manager 2 - Manual Decision Analysis and Control, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!