General Manager Trainee
Company: 24 Hour Fitness
Posted on: August 16, 2019
LOCATION 18007 Von Karman Avenue Irvine CA 92612
Who we are
At 24 Hour Fitness we are dedicated to our mission of creating a
healthier, happier world. We are passionate about providing a
fitness community that is accessible, affordable and welcoming to
everyone. We're on the hunt for team members who are committed to
being the best part of each other's day and who have a genuine
desire to help our members achieve results they can feel proud
The sneakers you will fill
As a General Manager, you have the unique and incredible
responsibility for nurturing a club culture that champions your
members to play, work, sweat, and socialize....often all in the
same hour. A successful day for you is when our members leave the
club as happier, healthier people than when they came in. Your
focus each day touches every corner of your club, ensuring a clean
facility, a friendly team, and a well-maintained environment.
You cultivate your club's culture through assembling a team of
people who are committed to our mission, who love to help others
reach their goals, and who believe in our entire community's health
By delivering a consistent member-centric focus, and connecting
with and empowering your team, you create an undeniably rewarding
experience that culminates in exceptional operational and financial
results throughout all departments within your club.
How you will spend your days
- Drive results and continuous improvement in Service and Fitness
categories through application of a strong business acumen,
building relationships, individualized communication, and
development and accountability of department head team.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate execution of
daily/weekly/monthly club functions to maximize club profit and
loss goals with a member-centric focus.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and nurture friendly and
inclusive team members to support needs of members. Position the
right team members in roles where they can best impact members'
- Train, develop, and mentor your club leaders through observing,
coaching, accountability, and showing them what "great" looks like
in your own actions every day.
- Problem-solve obstacles with and for your team, to guarantee an
outstanding member and team member experience. Create a culture of
trust through delegating to and empowering your team.
- Guide your department leaders in establishing goals,
brainstorming application of club strategies, and achieving club
and career goals, both in individual and group settings.
- Train, train, get a snack, and train your team some more.
Cross-training is for both minds and bodies! Transfer skills that
allow team members to think creatively and expansively toward
- Instill a sense of common responsibility and teamwork across
club functions to maintain positive member and team member
experience, with a focus on bringing together the diverse strengths
and experiences of individual team members.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to continuously
grow our member community.
What you bring
- 2-3 years of progressive management experience supervising 3-10
employees in a team environment, with measurable outcomes of
employee development and promotion
- 3-5 years of broad retail/hospitality/operations industry
experience, requiring high execution in both operations and
service, with focus on high team member and/or customer
- Experience managing P&L and trend reports, and demonstrated
math and analytical / ratio skills
- Success in creating new teams and/or rebuilding teams in a
- Phenomenal communication skills, oral and written, with heavy
emphasis on listening!
- Experience in turning around operationally and/or financially
deficient departments or teams
- Demonstrated success managing through defined strategy and
- High School diploma or equivalent required and gets you in the
door, but we'd love to see a Bachelor's degree
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External
Defibrillator (AED) certification required
- Must be able to work in an environment with occasionally high
noise levels. The sound of weights clinking, feet flying across
treadmills, and the laughter of lives changing can get loud.
- Must be able to move frequently through all areas of the club.
Your day includes continuous engagement and interaction with team
members and club members.
- Daily duties include lifting weights, squatting, bending,
reaching, spotting, remaining in a stationary position for extended
periods of time, and moving for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasionally required to demonstrate or explain proper physical
fitness activities, techniques and procedures
- Must be able to access and operate Company computer system
including preparing documents, entering data and email
Travel and Availability
- Must be able to travel by car and airplane up to 10% of the
time, to join our outstanding training programs, member outreach,
team meetings, and more.
- Full-time, with flexible availability across week days,
weekends, and holidays to best serve our member community
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is
not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order
in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
See Job Description for further information about this job.
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Club Management
Keywords: 24 Hour Fitness, Irvine , General Manager Trainee, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!