Product Design Project Manager
Company: 5.11 Tactical
Posted on: July 14, 2019
"We are innovators who make purpose-built gear for the most
Our ethos defines our culture– Trusted, Responsive, Accountable and
5.11 Tactical has established itself as the fastest-growing and
most well-known brand of tactical apparel, gear and functional
products in the world. Through a commitment to operator-led product
innovation, quality and compelling value, 5.11 has developed a
loyal following among some of the most demanding and discerning
end-users of apparel and gear.
At our Operations Center in Modesto and Development Center in
Irvine, we leverage our deep relationships with Law Enforcement,
Special Forces Operators and First Responders to gain unique
insights. The results are products that break new ground combining
ruggedness, speed, range of motion and ultimate comfort in
professional duty, tactical training, adventure, women's tactical,
fitness and industrial professionals.
The Product Design Project Manager is responsible for working
closely with the Design team and establishing& executing all
aspects of project management for seasonal and speed to market
large scale, complex logowear, apparel and accessories, footwear&
equipment design projects.This is a 3-6 month assignment. Part time
hours (about 25 hours per week)
- Manages a highly complex portfolio of projects through
full-life cycle, from requirements definition to completion.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet
product owners expectations
- Provides management visibility into project status while
executing effective decision-making, approvals, and direction
- Leverages professional design experience to identify potential
areas of improvement on process or various projects
- Creates weekly and seasonal trackers for summary reporting
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in combined designer and
project management roles
- Experience working on a variety of design projects within a
high paced environment
- Degree in Design or equivalent experience
- Strong people leadership capabilities with the ability to
develop and grow a project team that is skilled and motivated to
deliver against commitments
- Ability to lead, motivate, influence, and drive to results
- Experience in evaluating a broad range of internal and external
factors when solving problems and making decisions
- Superior written and oral presentation and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and Planner or similar system
At 5.11 Tactical, everyone has the opportunity to be a leader and
perform in an exceptional manner. We strive to uphold ourEthos
which defines our culture–Trusted,Responsive,Accountable
- Strive to create trust in everything we do, starting with
self-trust and relationship trust. We work on the components of
integrity, intent, capability and results.
- Listen to the needs of our end-user Professionals, then
develop, produce and deliver solutions to their problems. Each of
us chooses to be a leader and takes charge of what is within our
circle of influence.
- Seek to achieve results with a bias for action. We like to
compete and be measured against the most demanding standards to
ensure our continued success.
- Overcome obstacles to accomplish our goals and support our team
members when challenges arise. We complete commitments and seek
to‘over-deliver" relative to expectations.
Keywords: 5.11 Tactical, Irvine , Product Design Project Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!