Company: Mimi's Cafe
Posted on: June 14, 2019
JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the
culture, values and mission of the company. Portrays a favorable
image of the company at all times.
- Initiates Guest feedback to ensure their satisfaction (product
quality, service, cleanliness).
- Analyzes Marketforce/Mystery Shop data, along with other Guest
metrics, and creates effective action plans to improve food quality
and teammates performance.
- Ensures BOH/HOH teammates are executing STAR Program with
precision, including but not limited to, following Health
Department guidelines, procedures, food/sanitary procedures,
temperature controls, preparation/labeling/rotation/storage of food
product and maintains the highest cleanliness standards.
- Highly proficient at completing inventory in an accurate and
- Places food and supply orders based on accurate forecasting of
- Creates an effective training implementation plan, using
Company provided tools (i.e. Implementation Guides, videos, My
Encore Academy, etc,) to ensure teammates are fully trained on
recipe/menu implementations. The Culinary Manager conducts quality
line checks at scheduled intervals to ensure presentation standards
- Manages food cost variance by using the Top 5 Variance Action
Plan on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of kitchen
equipment. The Culinary Manager is accountable for proper usage of
equipment and preserving its longevity.
- Maintains a highly organized kitchen at all times and checks
quality standards to ensure freshness.
- Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training teammates, planning,
scheduling, assigning, and directing work as needed.
- Coaches and mentors Teammates to ensure all standards,
practices and job expectations are fulfilled according to his/her
- Models professional behavior while creating a warm, fun,
friendly, hospitable and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages
Excellence. Demonstrates respect and courtesy to all
- Occasionally assists with category job duties (bussing,
serving, host, cook's line, etc), as needed. This type of work
should not take more than 10% of the Culinary Manager's time. (All
state and federal labor laws apply).
- Ensures the Manager's office is well organized and secured at
- Ensures all teammates adhere to Company Cash Handling
Procedures and assets are properly secured in safe.
- Thoroughly audits Associate Payroll in TMx and makes
- Ensures all required files/documents are organized and sent in
weekly package to Corporate.
- Manages day to day food, labor, paper and other controllable
- Ensures OSHA requirements, health and safety codes, and company
safety, sanitation, and security policies and procedures are met
and followed by all Teammates.
- Enforces proper use and maintenance of restaurant facility and
equipment. Also, he/she is responsible for proactively reporting
all facility maintenance needs to his/her respective Manager.
- Ensures all Teammates comply with State/Federal liquor laws as
it pertains to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and
effective manner in accordance with established company policies to
achieve the overall objectives.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with company
Teammates and Managers (outside the Caf--) to foster and promote a
cooperative and harmonious working climate that is conducive to
maximum morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.WORK
ENVIRONMENTThe Culinary Manager reports to a designated work
location (Caf--) and is required to travel, on occasion, to other
geographical areas to attend meetings, conferences, etc. The
Culinary Manager's work hours range from early morning to late
night shifts, as needed. Work days may range from 8-11+ hours per
shift depending on Caf-- needs. Scheduled shifts and days off may
vary from week to week (including weekends). Culinary Managers are
also required to work unscheduled shifts with little to no notice
given.KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, POS, etc---)
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal liquor laws
- Knowledge of all safety, sanitation and administrative
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Exceptional team building capabilityEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior leadership experience preferred
- 2-3 years of prior management experience in a family or casual
dining restaurant is preferred
- College and/or culinary schooling preferred
- Must be 21 years of age We Offer:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Life Insurance
- Long & Short Term Disability
- Quarterly Bonus StructureMimi's is committed to principles of
equal opportunity for all job applicants and Associates. The
Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical
or mental disability or known medical condition of an applicant or
Associate, consistent with its legal obligations. The Company also
wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process
with any disabled applicant or Associate to determine effective
reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to
a request for accommodation. Applicants and Associates are invited
to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist
them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek
or occupy by contacting the Human Resources Department.
Keywords: Mimi's Cafe, Irvine , Culinary Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!