Senior Upstream Product Manager Informatics
Company: Bio-Rad Laboratories
Posted on: May 19, 2019
# of Openings
The Quality Systems Division for Bio-Rad is a global leader
providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics controls to ensure
laboratory measurements are within standards. As part of this
ecosystem, the division also provides a growing family of software
applications that help clinical laboratories worldwide to track
their performance and support their efforts in accreditation which
helps the labs provide accurate medical test results to physicians
and patients. Laboratory technicians use this software to check the
accuracy of their test results through internal statistical
analysis and external comparison against peer results of
laboratories throughout the world. The real-world impact of this
software is to help doctors accurately diagnose patient problems
and provide the proper treatment to patients, saving lives and
improving the quality of life for millions.
This position is the Upstream Product Manager for the Unity Next
platform, and may oversee other informatics products as we expand
our offering over time.
As Software Product Manager for industry leading QC data management
product lines you will be responsible for developing and
implementing a comprehensive global marketing strategy, including
the development and commercialization of QC software solutions for
* Product development strategies including 1) The strategic fit of
product, 2) Product discontinuation strategy/Life-cycle management,
3) Initial go to market strategy, and 4) Ongoing product
* Conduct & determine multi-generation product planning; leverage
voice of customer knowledge to drive the software development road
maps, including features and acceptance criteria for products.
Responsible for ongoing profitability & growth, market share.
Contribute to the alignment of strategies, resources and processes
between Operations, R&D and Product Development.
* Identify new product opportunities and create business cases with
strategic and financial rationale. Identify & recommend potential
acquisitions; financial modeling, Decide GO/NO GO on Acquisition;
OEM vs Direct (Product) Decision, In-license/internal
* What markets to serve, what customers to serve, what channels to
serve those customers. Ensure the use of VOC to assess market
opportunities, market attractiveness, and develop products. Execute
market research activities and maintain a detailed understanding of
the voice of the customer, competitive activity and technology
developments. Work with regions to identify and validate
opportunities across the globe. This includes developing an
understanding of the persona(s) and how to reach them (channels,
conferences, journals, etc.) Identify educational needs and
* Competitive Analysis; strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and
threats (SWOT) (market segment or product segment)
* Forecasting initial and revenue forecasting of the product
* Collaborate with downstream marketing for effective go-to-market
campaigns, including positioning and messaging, promotion and
training materials for sales enablement.
* Measure product performance as well as value delivered to clients
in order to make adjustments where necessary to road maps.
* Maintain successful customer relationships with key customers to
ensure implemented product features add value as expected to end
* 5+ years of relevant experience in product management or
marketing role in clinical diagnostics.
* 3-5 years of work experience with laboratory QC workflow and
processes is highly preferred.
* Knowledge of QC in the clinical laboratory environment and
* Familiarity with regulatory and accreditation requirements
impacting clinical laboratories.
* Experience leading cross-functional teams.
* Industry networking experience a plus.
* Strong presentation and communication skills.
* Must be independent with good time management.
* Ability to direct and motivate the product develoopment team as
customer representative to achieve successful product launches.
* Ability to analyze and dissect competitive information, market
research, and customer data and use it to make sound
* Demonstrated ability to take ownership of responsibilities,
overcome obstacles and deliver on commitments to delight the
* Ability to demonstrate product to customers directly at
tradeshows, seminars and other events.
* Bachelor degree in relevant field is required.
* MBA or Ph.D is desirable.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical
diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more
than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our
customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to
provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products
that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process
and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been
authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not
submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Bio-Rad Laboratories, Irvine , Senior Upstream Product Manager Informatics, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!