Business Intelligence Manager
Posted on: May 19, 2019
What you'll be doing...
With your analytical, big data and reporting expertise, you will
deliver business value through business intelligence reporting and
analytics by driving insights to actions. One way you will
accomplish this is by developing analytical views of data utilizing
various BI tools such as Tableau, Thought Spot, Qlik, and
proprietary web-based applications. You'll also connect various
data locations to stage data before visualizations. The business
insights and recommendations you provide will help to improve
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and communicating accurate, high-quality businesses
insights on topics including; porting and growth trends, retention
and disconnect trends, industry/competitive trends, distribution
and channel, program and segment performance for total Verizon
- Work cross functionally with teams to develop market growth and
- Provide professional businesses insights, business case
development, communicate performance and make recommendations to
enable important decision-making around top initiatives for market
- Analyzing various capabilities available in the areas, uncover
insights into market segment trends and making recommendations to
- Frequent communication with Senior Management.
- Delivering data procurement through various tools including;
Essbase, Teradata, Dashboards and OLAP Cubes.
What we're looking for...
You are good with numbers and you love to dig into data to find the
story. Designing reports and dashboards is a fun afternoon for you.
You're able to translate numbers into compelling stories---and
tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience
function and level to meet their needs. You are detail-oriented and
know how to focus on what really matters. You have a knack
forvisualizing just the right way to share data and practical
insights so that people can understand. You enjoy aligning various
work streams to ensure the same vision and goal is achieved.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in business, finance, marketing, information systems,
analytics/business intelligence, engineering, mathematics,
statistics or relevant field.
- Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems
and data discrepancies.
- Experience working with Business Intelligence systems to
provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business
- Knowledge of DW data domains and data.
- Program management experience.
- Leadership and strategic planning experience.
- Ability to develop solutions that align tactical solutions with
- Ability to lead and facilitate cross functional teams of
managers and directors to gain consensus and execute to deliver
- Ability to define the future state, as well as identifying the
steps to get there.
- Experience in data extraction and queries (Teradata SQL).
- Experience in MS Excel, Power Point and Visualization
- Ability to perform needs assessment and makes
- Ability to develop strong internal cross functional
relationships; openness to collaboration and feedback.
- Strong working knowledge of UDM, Business Dashboards and other
- Ability to interpret and apply data to business plan to
- Knowledge with cross-functional problem solving based on trends
- Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive and
- Self-driven and ability to manage multiple initiatives at one
time and meet deadlines with little supervision.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Irvine , Business Intelligence Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!