Senior Manager, Global Wafer Fab Quality
Posted on: March 16, 2019
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates. Requisition ID: 49878 Senior Manager, Global Wafer Fab Quality Location: Woburn, MA/ Newbury Park, CA/ Irvine, CA Skyworks is looking for a key leader in the Process Quality Organization, the Sr. Manager of Global Wafer Fab Quality is responsible for spearheading global wafer fabrication quality strategy for Skyworks. As a Senior manager, you'll be partnering across global organization including Operations, Engineering, Sourcing and Business Units. You will lead highly visible and globally influential initiatives with significant impact on Skyworks' business. Along with directing a team of internal fab quality managers and external foundry supplier quality engineers, the Global Wafer Fab Manager will also build and sustain the necessary tools and processes to execute strategic quality initiatives throughout the wafer fabrication space. Who you are:
- An effective leader and a team-builder that is results-oriented and passionate about Quality Engineering.
- A problem solver with expertise in 8D and root cause analysis tools.
- An expert in system, process and product auditing. (Familiarity with automotive quality standards and automotive core tools is a plus!).
- A successful leader in managing cross cultural business relationships, particularly with US, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, Mexico, and Korea. Key Responsibilities:
- Quality management - for Internal and Foundry wafer fabrication operations: including Quality Engineering Team Management, Incoming Product Quality, Raw Material Supplier Monitoring and Development, Supplier Audits, Process FMEA, Process Capability, Measurement Systems Analysis, Control of Nonconforming Material, Internal and Supplier Corrective/Preventative Actions, Continuous Improvement, Process Validation and Change Controls, Customer Special Care and Clean Launch Oversight.
- Manage, mentor and grow quality team.
- Collaborate with Sourcing, Engineering and Business Unit teams to ensure Skyworks has a viable whole-world quality strategy for wafer fabrication.
- Partner with Legal, Sourcing, and Engineering teams to secure quality-aligned contract terms with our key vendors and to ensure adherence to those terms. Key Qualification & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, or related field. Engineering graduate degrees are preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in semiconductor manufacturing with significant experience in both Quality Engineering Management and Microelectronics Processing.
- Thorough understanding of internal manufacturing operations, as well as the foundry supplier management practices.
- Excellent analytical, organization, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in operating Microsoft Office applications and analytical software such as JM. Our Offer As a part of overall compensation package, we offer competitive base salary with world class health & retirement benefits, vacation, wellness time off, etc. What else? A collaborative work environment with dynamic &smart people and a place where teams inspire and bring innovative ideas to life. Join us to help deliver next groundbreaking products. Apply Now! #LI-PR1
Skyworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Keywords: Skyworks, Irvine , Senior Manager, Global Wafer Fab Quality, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!