Regional Director of Sales- CA
Company: MBK Senior Living
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking an Regional Director of Sales for our California communities. This person will need to reside in California.
The Regional Director of Sales (RDS) supports and drives community sales efforts to meet and exceed company budgeted occupancy and revenue goals. The RDS should provide strategic sales and marketing insight and analysis to assigned communities and direct sales support to assigned focus communities. The RDS is also responsible for recruiting, developing and coaching Directors of Sales and Marketing and initiating the development of short and long term objectives and action steps to realize sales productivity and achieve targets. The RDS will utilize relevant data to assist communities in creating and implementing effective sales and marketing strategies.
Essential Job Duties:
- Customer Focus - Exceeding our customer expectations and enriching the lives of those we serve requires the Regional Director of Sales to:
- Understand that "the customer" includes but is not limited to the residents and families we serve, our associates, peers, professionals in the market area, vendors, investors and managed community owners
- Possess a working understanding of day to day field community operations, MBK Senior Living products, services, care and programming provided within each distinct neighborhood and community.
- Demonstrate to associates, residents, family members and referral sources the benefits, capabilities, distinction and value MBK products, services, care and programming provides
- Have knowledge of current and developing state regulations which may have an impact on move in's/out's to ensure compliance through observation and coaching
- Have an understanding of the national, regional and local senior living market and MBK's position and distinction in each local market area they support
- Demonstrate an understanding of the strategic importance of customer relationships and support the communities in proactively building, maintaining and leveraging key relationships to achieve sales objectives
- Guide the communities in proactively building relationships with associates, residents, family members, referral sources, volunteers and vendors to achieve occupancy and revenue goals
- Coach community teams to obtain a full understanding of customers' needs and expectations during the initial discovery period and ensure they continue to validate and act on this information throughout the relationship
- Reinforce sales and marketing initiatives as communicated by the VP of Sales and Marketing
- Provide guidance in the development of community quarterly and annual sales and marketing plans
- Inspired People - Our purpose is achieved through inspired people. The Regional Director of Sales responsibilities:
- Understands the vision of the MBK Commitments and how they relate to and effect sales and marketing.
- Effectively demonstrates the MBK Commitments and carries out the duties in an exemplary manner
- Understands and champions the MBK sales process
- Has the ability to attract, hire, retain and develop top sales talent and ensure their overall job satisfaction and production
- Is instrumental in selecting and on-boarding Directors of Sales and Marketing
- Works effectively with peers and the organization to attain overall company goals
- Has the ability to influence and coach associates at the community and regional levels
- Leads with high intention, authority, conviction, decisiveness and ethical fortitude
- Proactively confronts and manages difficult issues.
- Conducts comprehensive sales reviews/site visits with assigned communities
- Provides feedback, sales statistics and assessment to Executive Director in an effort to illicit continuous improvement of their Director of Sales and Marketing
- Contributes to Directors of Sales and Marketing performance appraisals
- Holds sales team accountable and corrects actions when necessary
- Assesses Directors of Sales and Marketing's potential and contributes to their success and implements Action Plans for Improvement, when applicable
- Develops personal growth and continuous improvement by attending conferences, training sessions, continuing education, MBK compliance training, reading, etc.
- Participates in the innovation, development and delivery of training modules and company initiatives
- Takes ownership and demonstrates a commitment to success. Works well independently and with the team to achieve and exceed established goals with a high-energy level and competitive nature
- Has the ability to guide sales opportunities quickly and collaboratively
- Trains community leadership teams to conduct effective presentations with leads and professionals through role play, shadowing or conducting.
- Meets with and develops relationships with referral sources within the market area they support.
- Completes presentations at community events, networking events or with other opportunities.
- Work in collaboration with the ED to ensure that all community associates understand that sales and marketing is everyone's responsibility. Conducts training when necessary and needed to deploy and maintain this philosophy.
- Hold teams accountable to company initiatives and standards including but not limited to:
- Signature Programs
- Move in process/paperwork
- Model apartments to MBK standard
- Financial Responsibility - In order to achieve our purpose, we will strive to meet the expectations of MBK and our owners by:
- Understanding and driving the company's revenue and occupancy targets and growth
- Eliciting both short and long range goals with the community to achieve company occupancy and revenue objectives
- Initiating and contributing to marketing strategies that promote lead generation, referral development, pricing, competitive edge which will result in increased occupancy and revenue
- Understanding and demonstrating the MBK value proposition as an owner and management company with fiscal accountability to multiple owners
- Understanding the internal cost of MBK programs, products and service
- Managing and maintaining good stewardship of resources and company finances
- Understanding the competitive opportunities and threats
- Understanding of the competitive analysis to price communities and neighborhoods, to initiate programs and services and to understand MBK's competitive position in the market area.
- Identifying other opportunities for increased revenue, i.e. increased Community Fees in specific apartments and neighborhoods, increased rates for services and/or increased apartment rents based on competitor information
- Working with teams to develop marketing strategies to sell open units, i.e., pricing promotions, marketing opportunities and referral sources to target appropriate leads
- Determining appropriate concessions to offer (within community guidelines) to close sales and move residents into the community
- Contributing to the development of community annual operating budgets
- Working with community teams to annually set market rates for each apartment based on community budgets.
- Processing and submitting expenses timely per MBK policies and procedures Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Perform other job duties or special projects as assigned/requested by the VP of Sales
- Understand and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations and all community policies and procedures affecting the department, health conditions and move in procedures
- Display tact, professionalism and friendliness when dealing with residents, associates, and visitors
- Display empathy, concern and professionalism while interacting with all prospects and/or their families
- Collaborate and lead with a spirit of teamwork and present a consistent professional and positive image
- Represent all promotional materials and communication (written & verbal) developed in accordance with the MBK principles, core values with a professional image Supervisory/Management Responsibilities (Job Title(s) & # of Employees):
- Zero - 1 Direct Report - Mentor or Director of Sales and Marketing that covers multiple communities Qualifications
Minimum Job Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- College Degree preferred
- 5+ years of Sales and Marketing is required with proven track record
- Background clearances (as required by government regulations) are mandatory
- Must complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Must hold a valid state issued driver's license and valid insurance
- Must be able to travel for community visits and meetings at Home Office or in other locations
- Must have solid pc skills and be familiar with several Microsoft Office Suite software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Email, etc.)..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: MBK Senior Living, Irvine , Regional Director of Sales- CA, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!