Regional Director of Sales- CO & UT
Company: MBK Senior Living
Posted on: December 5, 2018
OverviewWorking at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking an Regional Director of Sales for our Utah and Colorado markets. This person will need to reside in Colorado or Utah.
The Regional Director of Sales (RDS) supports and drives community sales efforts to meet and exceed company budgeted occupancy and revenue goals. The RDS should provide strategic sales and marketing insight and analysis to assigned communities and direct sales support to assigned focus communities. The RDS is also responsible for recruiting, developing and coaching Directors of Sales and Marketing and initiating the development of short and long term objectives and action steps to realize sales productivity and achieve targets. The RDS will utilize relevant data to assist communities in creating and implementing effective sales and marketing strategies.ResponsibilitiesEssential Job Duties:
- Customer Focus - Exceeding our customer expectations and enriching the lives of those we serve requires the Regional Director of Sales to:
- Understand that "the customer" includes but is not limited to the residents and families we serve, our associates, peers, professionals in the market area, vendors, investors and managed community owners
- Possess a working understanding of day to day field community operations, MBK Senior Living products, services, care and programming provided within each distinct neighborhood and community.
- Demonstrate to associates, residents, family members and referral sources the benefits, capabilities, distinction and value MBK products, services, care and programming provides
- Have knowledge of current and developing state regulations which may have an impact on move in's/out's to ensure compliance through observation and coaching
- Have an understanding of the national, regional and local senior living market and MBK's position and distinction in each local market area they support
- Demonstrate an understanding of the strategic importance of customer relationships and support the communities in proactively building, maintaining and leveraging key relationships to achieve sales objectives
- Guide the communities in proactively building relationships with associates, residents, family members, referral sources, volunteers and vendors to achieve occupancy and revenue goals
- Coach community teams to obtain a full understanding of customers' needs and expectations during the initial discovery period and ensure they continue to validate and act on this information throughout the relationship
- Reinforce sales and marketing initiatives as communicated by the VP of Sales and Marketing
- Provide guidance in the development of community quarterly and annual sales and marketing plans
- Inspired People - Our purpose is achieved through inspired people. The Regional Director of Sales responsibilities:
- Understands the vision of the MBK Commitments and how they relate to and effect sales and marketing.
- Effectively demonstrates the MBK Commitments and carries out the duties in an exemplary manner
- Understands and champions the MBK sales process
- Has the ability to attract, hire, retain and develop top sales talent and ensure their overall job satisfaction and production
- Is instrumental in selecting and on-boarding Directors of Sales and Marketing
- Works effectively with peers and the organization to attain overall company goals
- Has the ability to influence and coach associates at the community and regional levels
- Leads with high intention, authority, conviction, decisiveness and ethical fortitude
- Proactively confronts and manages difficult issues.
- Conducts comprehensive sales reviews/site visits with assigned communities
- Provides feedback, sales statistics and assessment to Executive Director in an effort to illicit continuous improvement of their Director of Sales and Marketing
- Contributes to Directors of Sales and Marketing performance appraisals
- Holds sales team accountable and corrects actions when necessary
- Assesses Directors of Sales and Marketing's potential and contributes to their success and implements Action Plans for Improvement, when applicable
- Develops personal growth and continuous improvement by attending conferences, training sessions, continuing education, MBK compliance training, reading, etc.
- Participates in the innovation, development and delivery of training modules and company initiatives
- Takes ownership and demonstrates a commitment to success. Works well independently and with the team to achieve and exceed established goals with a high-energy level and competitive nature
- Has the ability to guide sales opportunities quickly and collaboratively
- Trains community leadership teams to conduct effective presentations with leads and professionals through role play, shadowing or conducting.
- Meets with and develops relationships with referral sources within the market area they support.
- Completes presentations at community events, networking events or with other opportunities.
- Work in collaboration with the ED to ensure that all community associates understand that sales and marketing is everyone's responsibility. Conducts training when necessary and needed to deploy and maintain this philosophy.
- Hold teams accountable to company initiatives and standards including but not limited to:
- Signature Programs
- Move in process/paperwork
- Model apartments to MBK standard
- Financial Responsibility - In order to achieve our purpose, we will strive to meet the expectations of MBK and our owners by:
- Understanding and driving the company's revenue and occupancy targets and growth
- Eliciting both short and long range goals with the community to achieve company occupancy and revenue objectives
- Initiating and contributing to marketing strategies that promote lead generation, referral development, pricing, competitive edge which will result in increased occupancy and revenue
- Understanding and demonstrating the MBK value proposition as an owner and management company with fiscal accountability to multiple owners
- Understanding the internal cost of MBK programs, products and service
- Managing and maintaining good stewardship of resources and company finances
- Understanding the competitive opportunities and threats
- Understanding of the competitive analysis to price communities and neighborhoods, to initiate programs and services and to understand MBK's competitive position in the market area.
- Identifying other opportunities for increased revenue, i.e. increased Community Fees in specific apartments and neighborhoods, increased rates for services and/or increased apartment rents based on competitor information
- Working with teams to develop marketing strategies to sell open units, i.e., pricing promotions, marketing opportunities and referral sources to target appropriate leads
- Determining appropriate concessions to offer (within community guidelines) to close sales and move residents into the community
- Contributing to the development of community annual operating budgets
- Working with community teams to annually set market rates for each apartment based on community budgets.
- Processing and submitting expenses timely per MBK policies and procedures
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Perform other job duties or special projects as assigned/requested by the VP of Sales
- Understand and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations and all community policies and procedures affecting the department, health conditions and move in procedures
- Display tact, professionalism and friendliness when dealing with residents, associates, and visitors
- Display empathy, concern and professionalism while interacting with all prospects and/or their families
- Collaborate and lead with a spirit of teamwork and present a consistent professional and positive image
- Represent all promotional materials and communication (written & verbal) developed in accordance with the MBK principles, core values with a professional image
Supervisory/Management Responsibilities (Job Title(s) & # of Employees):
- Zero - 1 Direct Report - Mentor or Director of Sales and Marketing that covers multiple communities
QualificationsMinimum Job Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- College Degree preferred
- 5+ years of Sales and Marketing is required with proven track record
- Background clearances (as required by government regulations) are mandatory
- Must complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Must hold a valid state issued driver's license and valid insurance
- Must be able to travel for community visits and meetings at Home Office or in other locations
- Must have solid pc skills and be familiar with several Microsoft Office Suite software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Email, etc.)
- Must be familiar with CRM database for tracking customers and analyzing data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- including the ability to speak, write and read English
- must also be comfortable with speaking in public settings and presenting to small and large groups
- Must be able to perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) for tracking/reporting of referrals, calculating concessions and market rates, and budget/financial responsibilities
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and to remain calm during stressful or emergency situations
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Goal achievement oriented
- Ability and willingness to work independently without day to day oversight and supervision.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully and professionally at all times with associates, residents, family members, referral sources, visitors and the general public
- Must present a positive and professional image
Preferred Job Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- Bachelor's degree coursework in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field is highly desirable
- Experience in the senior industry is highly desirable
- Prior Supervisory or Leadership experience is essential
- Successful track record in sales/marketing
- Ability to travel, work weekends, evenings and flexible hours
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Planning and negotiating skills
Physical Demands (Include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, sitting):
- Must be mobile and able to move intermittently throughout the work day, and throughout the community
- Must be able to travel - endure airport and other travel on a weekly basis
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time, walking, with occasional squatting and reaching overhead.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40 pounds
- Able to operate a motor vehicle and drive themselves and other community associates to a community or outside event
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaning--ful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an "Excluded Party" as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those laws relating you an associates' professional license.
Keywords: MBK Senior Living, Irvine , Regional Director of Sales- CO & UT, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!