Director of Quality and Product Safety
Posted on: October 8, 2018
ChromaDex/Healthspan is looking for an experienced candidate to immediately fill a full-time position as Director of Quality and Product Safety. The right candidate will be responsible for leading the Quality Assurance, Product Safety and Quality Control teams at ChromaDex and establish the strategic Quality direction for consumer brands, ingredients, standard businesses as well as research and development. In addition to implementing and maintaining product safety practices following GFSI standards to ensure compliance with all customer, regulatory and company requirements, this role will also develop and implement company Quality and Product Safety plans and the leadership for achieving company goals, as well as develop and analyze key quality metrics to drive continuous improvement of the department.
As a member of the team, you will be at the leading edge of a rapidly growing and profitable industry. ChromaDex is looking for talented and scientifically oriented candidates who are attracted to this vision.
- *Location: This position will be stationed either at our facility in Los Angeles, CA or in our corporate headquarters in Irvine, CA, dependent of where the right candidate is found.
- Travel: Travel between facilities is expected once per week. Domestic and occasional International travel also expected 25% of the time.
- Benefits: ChromaDex offers benefits to eligible employees who have met all requirements for enrollment. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k) and more. Main duties include:
- Responsible for the direction, planning and execution of all company QA and QC activities and ensure they align with the company's business goals
- Manage, coach, and direct ChromaDex' QA and QC teams
- Provide leadership and support for company to establish and maintain an industry-leading culture of quality and product safety. Ensure that QA/product safety and QC metrics are incorporated in all corporate metrics, plans, and policies
- Establish and maintain a product risk assessment process to ensure product quality for all company products
- Responsible for directing a robust track and trace/product recall program
- Develop and manage the QA/QC/product safety budget
- Determine, implement, and manage a balanced pool of internal and external resources that meets company quality/product safety needs
- In collaboration with R&D, define and develop 'fit for purpose' QA support for process improvement.
- Work with supply chain, operations and various other functions to streamline and take ownership of business processes that involve quality and product safety.
- Ensure QC work (analytical and non-analytical) meets quality and timing expectations to support operations
- Author and review SOP's, including maintenance of their document control system.
- Responsible for routine GMP inspections and internal audits.
- Represent the company with government agencies, vendors, and customers.
- Superior reading and writing skills required to sufficiently author and review SOP's and other documents (i.e. process flow maps, checklists)
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Approachable demeanor and strong interpersonal abilities; facilitate positive interaction and promote team work between different departments and employees.
- Must possess integrity and ability to build trust at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated leadership that motivates and drives a team
- Ability to effectively work on different projects simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of cGMP and FDA guidelines under 21 CFR 111 and 117
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and other relevant software needed to manage quality activities. Desired Skills/Knowledge:
- Familiar with using and managing document and data management systems software
- Experience with implementing an improved and consolidated document and data management systems solution
- PCQI certification preferred
- Experience with FSVP requirements preferred
- Proof of other formalized training regarding any FSMA rules a plus
Training, Education and Experience:
- 12+ years of experience in Quality/Product Safety in food and/or dietary supplements and a relevant science/engineering degree; or 15+ years of equivalent Quality/Product Safety experience
- Experience working in an operations environment or managing Quality/Product Safety activities involving contract manufacturers
- Experience managing and developing teams
- Experience with learning and applying Six-Sigma quality management techniques Working Conditions:
- Office, lab and production environments require sitting, computer work, standing, and walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Travel (between California facilities) requires prolonged periods of sitting. Domestic and occasional international travel may also require walking and/or standing for long periods of time.
- Intricate network of fast paced environment requires flexibility and quick adaptation to the growing needs of the company.
- Lab setting: exposure to carcinogens, corrosives, and other chemicals. All employees are responsible for performing their work safely and safety hazards are expected to be reported immediately. Interested Candidates: Please email resumes to HR with the heading "QA and Product Safety Director" for review and consideration. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered. Selected candidates who meet the minimum requirements may be contacted for phone interviews; however, due to the volume of applicants, no confirmation will be provided of application status. All replies are confidential and at the company's discretion. Unsolicited services or offers from staffing agencies or recruiters will not be accepted at this time. ChromaDex, Inc. (and its subsidiaries) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national origin, religion, physical handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Keywords: ChromaDex, Irvine , Director of Quality and Product Safety, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!