Area Sales Director
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Who We Are:At Avnet, relationships matter. We are a global,
FORTUNE 500 technology distributor and solutions company that
delivers design, supply chain and logistics expertise to customers
at every stage of a product's lifecycle. Our employees have a front
row seat to the latest innovations shaping the world we live in and
the future we share. We're driven to help our customers around the
world succeed and we do so by earning the trust of some of the
biggest names in technology.Working at Avnet means being a part of
a global team. We work collaboratively and with integrity, doing
business the right way. For more than a century, we have partnered
together to help our customers, suppliers and teammates realize the
transformative possibilities of technology. Experience what's next
at Avnet!Job Summary:Manages individual contributor sales account
managers or may manage the organization's relationship with
independent representatives (non-employees), distributors, or
agents; may also may carry a sales quota.Principal
- Strategizes, develops, implements, and monitors business goals,
operating plans and budgets for top line sales, gross profit
growth, and long term growth.
- Implements processes and procedures which facilitate
organizational growth and profit objectives.
- Monitors sales levels for assigned region and targets areas for
- Prepares and monitors annual sales forecast to facilitate
achievement of sales goals including Profit and Loss (P&L)
- Reviews business plans and Year to Date (YTD) performance with
- Provides coaching to team members and may make sales calls
jointly to ensure optimum customer relationships.
- Provides leadership and management direction to assigned
territory and sales support staff to include hiring, managing
employee performance, training, and salary administration.
- Creates demand for products and services by applying technical
market/product expertise to technology recommendations that
position the company as the distributor of choice to customers and
- Communicate value-added capabilities and services to
- Establishes and coordinates weekly meetings for opportunity,
registration and design reviews including quarterly business
reviews with sales management.
- Maintains current knowledge of products, competitors,
technology and customers in assigned product family.
- Other duties as assigned.Job Level Specifications:
- Provides leadership and direction through managers and senior
managers. Accountable for the performance and results of a major
function that has cross-organizational impact and is comprised of
multiple departments and/or teams.
- Establishes policies appropriate for the function. Interprets
and recommends modifications to enterprise-wide policies and
practices. Adapts and executes functional business plans and
contributes to the development of functional strategies.
Responsible for efficient utilization of significant resources
within the function.
- Objectives are defined in collaboration with senior management
and results assessed with a long-term perspective. Decisions are
guided by functional strategy and priorities.
- Collaborates with senior management and others concerning
matters of significance to the company. Routinely conducts
briefings for senior management and/or key external contacts.
Influences senior management or customers/clients.
- Decisions likely have serious impact on the overall success or
failure of a function. Erroneous decisions or recommendations
result in critical delays or modifications to company objectives
and cause long-term harm to business operations.Work Experience:
- Typically 10+ years including 5+ years of management
experienceEducation and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which
comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.Distinguishing
- Ability to travel approximately 75% of the time to customer
sites or attend training including some overnight travel.*West
Coast AreaPay and Benefits:
- $141,750-$236,255total compensation range#LI-AMERWhat We
Offer:Our employees work hard to live our values and help us grow.
Our total rewards strategy supports Avnet's ability to attract,
engage, develop, and reward our employees, while promoting a
diverse and inclusive environment. We offer competitive
compensation and benefit programs - from time away and flexible
working arrangements to programs supporting employee well-being and
opportunities to give back to your community.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401K and Pension Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Family Support (Paid Leave, Surrogacy, Adoption)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Account
- Education Assistance
- Employee Development Resources
- Employee Wellness, Leadership Development and Mentorship
ProgramsBenefits listed above may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Avnet.The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They
are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills.Avnet is an Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including
pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic
information or any other characteristic protected by law. This
policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and
grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress
standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue
hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for
employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an
accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human
Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.
Keywords: Avnet, Irvine , Area Sales Director, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!