Regional Director of Core Plan VE Architecture
Company: Lennar USA
Posted on: September 17, 2023
OverviewRegionally leads Lennar's Value Engineering Plan
Development efforts aimed at reducing costs and optimizing Plan
efficiency. Responsibilities Principal Duties and
Responsibilities:I. Regional Leadership in the coordination of
"Core Plan" development and re-use efforts
- Supports and Develops Approved VE Engineers and
- Formalize the "Rule Set" for Common Plan Sets.
- Act as a central Plan repository for Divisions looking for
specific Product using and optimizing the "Plan Registry" as well
as the Purchasing Specification Hub (Modsy).
- Support Estimating Efforts on Common Plan Sets.
- Be a one stop shop for Divisions related to "Core Plans".II.
Direct involvement with Product Development to optimize structural
designs of new Plans
- Ensure concrete, frame and mechanical layouts and designs are
- Prepare material quantity takeoffs where necessary.
- Work directly with Vendors and their Engineers to ensure
optimal designs and layouts at the Plan development stage.
- Assist Purchasing with negotiations and evaluations on
technical details (pre -fabricated wall panels vs. "stick" frame;
2x4 with 16" OC vs. 2x6 with 24" OC, etc).III. Leading Value
Engineering efforts of existing Plans for the Region
- Visit homes under construction to evaluate optimal material
usage opportunities, with a specific emphasis on structural
components such as lumber/trusses, and concrete.
- Leading "Workshops" with Lennar associates and Trade Partners,
focused on finding "waste" (wasteful materials, processes, etc) and
developing a plan with the Divisions to eliminate it.
- Visit Lennar's Competitors' homes under construction to look
for best practices that could be applicable to Lennar Homes.
- Must work closely with Product Development to ensure Plan
changes are properly recorded and all applicable CAD files are
- Work directly with Vendors to implement alternative
- Ability to identify specification substitution opportunities in
both "structurally" related details and "Finish" related
- Conduct ongoing formal and informal training with team members
- Serve as a champion of the company's values, mission and
vision, and provide leadership to direct reports and team members
at all levels.#CB#LI-NW1 QualificationsEducation and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of either Product Design,
Residential/Structural Engineering or Value Engineering in
production homebuilding (either from the Homebuilding side or the
- Heavy Travel required - 50%.
- Working knowledge of IRC and IECC Codes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to influence people through facts and
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Proven ability to inspire, train, develop and motivate a
- Ability to work across multiple Disciplines (Construction,
Purchasing, Product Development, Division and National
- Proven ability to manage tasks to meet established
- Strong organizational skills, including planning, scheduling
and follow-up capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong math skills While performing the duties of this job, the
employee must exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force constantly to lift and/or move objects.
The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms,
use hands to finger and grasp, using repetitive motions, talk and
hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, walk and lift. The employee is subject
to both inside and outside environmental conditions; hazards, such
as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles,
electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places,
exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals; and atmospheric
conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin (i.e.,
fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation). Heavy
travel is required.This description outlines the basic
responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is
not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice. TypeRegular Full-Time
Keywords: Lennar USA, Irvine , Regional Director of Core Plan VE Architecture, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!