Payroll Services Manager
Company: Boot Barn, Inc.
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Overview PAYROLL SERVICES MANAGERREPORTS TO: VP HUMAN
RESOURCESSTATUS: EXEMPTPAY RANGE: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 /
Year*compensation varies based on geography, skills, experience,
and tenureSummaryBoot Barn is where community comes first. We
thrive on togetherness, collaboration, and belonging. We build each
other up, listen intently, and implement out-of-the-box ideas. We
celebrate new innovations, congratulate one another's achievements,
and most importantly support each other. At Boot Barn, we work
together to make a positive impact on the world around us, and by
working collectively with encouragement, we consider ourselves
"Partners." With the values of the West guiding us, Boot Barn
celebrates heritage, welcomes all, and values each unique Partner
within our Boot Barn community.Our vision is to offer everyone a
piece of the American spirit - one handshake at a time. The Manager
of Payroll Services is accountable for payroll strategies and
processes, bi-weekly payroll processes, and accurate reporting of
all payroll related activities. The Manager of Payroll Services is
also responsible for creating and leading training initiatives on
relevant policies & procedures, new system roll outs, ensuring
compliance with all State, local, and Federal payroll requirements,
and well-versed on current legislative/regulatory aspects that
govern employee payroll. ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and
- Verify compliance with Federal, State, and local Payroll Tax
Laws regarding payments of wages, tax withholdings, garnishments,
- Oversee the response to all Federal, State and local government
agency requests regarding payroll matters.
- Develop and implement payroll systems in accordance with
company guidelines and Federal and State laws.
- Oversee the administration of bi-weekly payroll processing,
complex research issues and escalated payroll inquiries.
- Run quarter and year end payroll processing, including taxable
fringe benefits, W-2's, and amendments in Compliance with Federal
and State laws.
- Complete audits while maintaining the data integrity of all
payroll information to guarantee compliance.
- Develop and maintain internal payroll processes and systems
while ensuring SOX narratives are correct and compliant.
- Responsible for reconciliation of payroll cycles and ensuring
the General Ledger is accurate.
- Confirm tax withholdings are correct and remitted per IRS
guidelines for all equity compensation such as, but not limited to
Restricted Stock and Non-Qualified Stock Options.
- Collaborate with other departments within the company to
develop timekeeping and payroll initiatives.
- Responsible for the hiring, training and coaching of Payroll
- Review and approve all manual checks and adjustments for
accuracy. Additional Responsibilities
- Thorough knowledge of payroll and financial administration and
policies including HR and payroll laws and procedures.
- Demonstrates leadership and ability to manage multiple projects
with varying priorities, simultaneously.
- Experienced in negotiation and conflict resolution skills,
focusing first and foremost on the customers concerns and
- Outstanding oral, written and listening communication skills
with all levels and across organizational lines, as needed,
including the ability to develop and facilitate presentations to
both experienced and non-experienced audiences.
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically and creatively to
develop short-term business programs that support long-term
strategies for the department and organization.
- Thorough proficiency in Microsoft Office, ADP Workforce Now,
and Kronos required; Aptos and HRIS knowledge preferred.
- Must have 5 -10 years of progressive payroll management
experience with multi-state high volume environment with a medium
to large size
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing a Payroll
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Experience with KRONOS Workforce Dimensions time and
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) credentials strongly
- Experience with filing multi-state payroll taxes a
- Knowledge of payroll laws and
- Professional and effective communication skills, oral and
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and meet
- OptimisticBoot Barn Benefits & Additional Compensation
- Competitive hourly pay rate.
- Merchandise discount: 50% off of Exclusive Brands and 40% off
of third-party brands.
- Paid Time Off plan (sick and vacation).
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance.
- 401(k) plan with generous company matching.
- Work/life balance.
- Opportunities for growth at every level - we are opening 50+
new stores each year.Physical DemandsIn general, the following
physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a
Partner to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently
abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all
documentation and reports.
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate
with partners and customers.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel
and type; reach with hands and arms.[ ] Sedentary: Limited
activity, no lifting, limited walking[ X ] Light: Office work, some
lifting, bending, stooping or kneeling, walking [ ] Moderate:
Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting[ ] Arduous:
Heavy lifting, bending, crawling, climbingWork EnvironmentIn
general, the following conditions of the work environment are
representative of those that a partner encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to allow differently abled individuals to perform the
essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The workspace is clean, orderly, properly lighted and
ventilated with the proper safety compliance.
- Noise levels are considered moderate.Boot Barn, Inc. reserves
the right to make exceptions to modify or eliminate this document
or its content. This document supersedes all previous policies,
procedures or guidelines pertaining to this subject. Our core value
of community bands us together in supportive and inclusive ways to
drive our collective success. Boot Barn provides equal employment
opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national or ethnic
origin, veteran or military status, disability, as well as any
other protected status under the law.Americans with Disabilities
Act (ADA) - Boot Barn will provide reasonable accommodations (such
as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal
assistance) with the application process upon your request as
required by applicable laws. If you have a disability and require
assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest
Boot Barn Store or Distribution Center or reach out to Human
Resources at 1-949-453-4400, Option 5.
Keywords: Boot Barn, Inc., Irvine , Payroll Services Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...