New Development & Innovation Manager
Company: Easterseals Southern California
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Overview:Supports all the autism service line with the
coordination and completion of electronic health records (EHR)
software implementation projects, tickets, reporting and overall
technical support. Provides guidance for EHR software enhancements
and innovation while working closely with IT application
administrators and leadership within the business units to ensure
alignment with their objectives and needs. Identifies technical and
operational improvement opportunities. Provides managerial
responnsibilities to EHR Analyst as needed. Salary range - $77k/yr
- $109k/yrResponsibilities:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the EHR analyst team functions as it relates to the
EHR software projects, tickets and functional improvements as it
relates to the operation of the autism divisons
- Manages a team of professionals, internal and external to the
organization, with functions related to advanced technical support
and software development. Plans, prioritizes, monitors, and
validates work of team to ensure appropriate skills, workload,
quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Monitors EHR analyst help-desk tickets to ensure timely
resolution with the least impact. Provides level-two and advanced
technical support; escalates issues with vendor as needed; follows
up until resolution and help-desk ticket can be closed. Takes
action to prevent recurrence of issues.
- Collaborates with internal IT members, end-users, system
administrators, and service line leadership to ensure their
requirements and objectives are adequately met, and that EHR
applications are properly deployed and supported; identifying,
assessing, and delivering solutions to new requirements.
- Functions as the in-house expert on data and systems
integration for the NetSmart MyEvolv product. Acts in the capacity
of a Subject Matter Expert in discussions with IT staff, end-users,
leadership, and vendors around the EHR product(s). Supports service
lines EHR strategic objectives and initiatives.
- Supports in contract management, deployment of applications,
technical issues, upgrades, developments, etc.
- Reports to Autism leadership regarding EHR operations and
status of projects.
- Assists the Director in evaluating project plans and
requirements. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect EHR
applications and area of responsibility.
- Provides input to thr Director in performance appraisals for
the EHR team; has some authority for personnel actions related to
hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions. Identifies training
needs, mentors, coaches, and shares knowledge with the EHR team as
appropriate; maintains their qualifications at the highest level,
and increases efficiencies within the team.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:EDUCATION:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in computer science,
engineering, or other computer-related field; preferably
supplemented by advanced course work in management. Or a
combination of experience, education, and training to perform the
- Health Information Management certifications preferred.
- 5 years of experience as an individual contributor in a
technical environment. And 1-3 years in a supervisory or lead
capacity. Previous work experience in healthcare organizations
preferred. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Sound working knowledge of reporting concepts and development
of reports and technical documentation.
- Experience with EHR solutions and reporting documentation.
Proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Outlook).
- Excellent administrative and leadership skills; able to develop
highly successful teams, foster teamwork,effective monitoring,
motivating, training, and mentoring of staff.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead multiple projects and
provide high quality results.
- Experience developing and delivering technical presentations
for team, corporate, and service line leadership.
- Experience identifying, evaluating, and resolving complex
technical issues under rigid time constraints.
- Ability to manage existing and potential vendors and hold them
to high execution and quality standards.
- Thorough knowledge of state, federal, and applicable
regulations as they pertain to management of EHR.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and learn
department-specific technology and computer systems.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate good judgment and
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as
interpersonal and issue resolution skills. Strong ethics,
influence, and negotiation skills. Used to work cooperatively with
a variety of individuals and/or groups maintaining customer service
orientation and professionalism at all times.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain a high level of
confidentiality with sensitive and confidential situations and
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed; and remain
on-call and respond in a timely manner.
- Able to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint
clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of
Investigation per Easter Seals Southern California and/or program
- Ability to travel locally with reliable transportation,
maintain driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety
Standards. Must have and maintain proper auto insurance and vehicle
- Must pass all drug testing required by ESSC. Able to pass
post-offer medical examination.
Keywords: Easterseals Southern California, Irvine , New Development & Innovation Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...