Site Safety Manager - Contract
Posted on: May 15, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp ("HQC US") develops, invests, and
delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems
(BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction
(EPC) services in North America.The company brings a decade of
global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power
generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets.
HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions - from the core
technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development
and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and
battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk
and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in
renewable energy.The position of Site Safety Manager reports
directly to the Corporate Safety & Quality Manager and indirectly
to the Project Manager, or another management personnel that the
President/Senior Vice President of the Company may designate. This
position is based on a project site and working hours will be as
per the specific project.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with site EPC personnel to implement and manage a
proactive behavior-based approach to Health & Safety. This includes
a strong emphasis on personal responsibility, incident prevention
and a management systems approach to compliance.
- Supports the development of H&S policies, programs and
procedures to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards
(including OSHA, EPA, etc.).
- Coordinates OSHA reporting and posting requirements;
- Files all documentation required for the Safety Program
- Continuously evaluating employees and contractors practices,
procedures to assess and reduce risks for the benefit of employees
- Evaluates contractor's safety programs
- Oversee and enforce compliance with all OSHA, federal, state
and local laws, ordinances, and regulations and maintain compliance
with DOT regulations;
- Prepare and conduct training and presentations for health and
safety matters and accident prevention.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe
- Lead accident or mishap investigations to identify causes and
recommend improvement opportunities and preventive and corrective
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
through key performance indicators (KPIs) and other analytical
- Visit work areas to conduct safety audits on personnel,
equipment, materials and adherence to work requirements. Perform
periodic safety and health risk assessments and compliance audits
to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Organize, facilitate and report on meetings that focus on
specific safety and health issues including regular Employee Safety
- Manage and facilitate existing safety programs such as New-Hire
training and contractor Safety Orientation.
- Manage site safety equipment needs and requirements.
- Recognize unsafe conditions, environmental or health hazards
and take necessary steps to protect the public, employees,
contractors and the environment.
- Develop, effectively utilize and comply with assigned safety
- Assist employees and crews in the planning, recognition,
evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project.
- Provide or direct injury care for employees and
- Manage the Substance Abuse Program.
- Ensure that emergency response equipment is maintained in
proper working condition.
- On a continuing basis, become familiar with federal, state and
local regulations, statutes, orders and standards.
- Understand Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) and
ensure inspections are performed as per the site SWPPP
- Implement the Company Substance Abuse Policy in the
- Participate in and contribute to project planning and hazard
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of general construction experience
- 3 years of solar industry experience preferred
- Subcontractors' management experience
- Have an operational knowledge of construction safety, OSHA,
ANSI, and other applicable standards, regulations, laws, and
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience building
- Detail oriented; sufficient to manage multiple priorities and
- Knowledge of relevant HV Codes and regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- FA/CPR/AED preferred
- OSHA 30/510 required
- OSHA 500 preferred
- CSP/CHST preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word and
- Must have a valid current driver licensePOSITION'S OFFERED
SALARY PAY RANGE
- The anticipated starting pay range of this position, if it is
to be located in Irvine, CA is $40.00 - $50.00 hourly salary.The
above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay
Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those
candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job
description is for the listed position and only pertains to the
candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is
influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to
internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and
certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and
requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job's
minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure
or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation
package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or
other benefits, dependent on the level and position
offered.PHYSICAL DEMANDS -Stationary Position: frequently remains
stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
-Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk -Carry
Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to
heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds -Hearing and Speech: frequently
communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis
with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able
to exchange accurate information in these situations -Sight:
frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office
documents, and office objects near and far -Climb: occasionally
ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower
floors -Travel: review above travel requirement for this
positionWORK ENVIRONMENT -Regular professional, office business
setting -Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office
setting) -Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on
construction worksite)Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will
Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception
or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy,
citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other
classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training.We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified
individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will
provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with
disabilities to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to
request accommodations at.Nothing in this statement shall imply
implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our
at-will employment opportunity.You may view your privacy rights by
reviewing Qcells'or contacting ourfor a copy.
Keywords: Qcells, Irvine , Site Safety Manager - Contract, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...