Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan
Aesthetics beauty business at AbbVie, one of the largest
pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our iconic brands include
Botox, CoolSculpting, Juv-- -derm, and more. The medical aesthetics
business is ripe for rapid growth and disruption, and we are
looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to add to our
high-performing team to do just that. Our team has successfully
launched a new and innovative technology platform, All--, which
serves millions of consumers, tens of thousands of aesthetics
providers, and thousands of colleagues throughout the US. Since its
launch in November 2020, All-- has delivered curated promotions,
personalized experiences, and millions of consumers use it as part
of their beauty journey. Now, we are looking for a Director of
Engineering to drive our Engineering Team as we prepare to launch a
new array of game-changing technologies on our successfully adopted
platform. We're looking for a Director of Engineering who is
interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while
having the backing of a very large company. If that's you, please
read on. As the Director of Engineering, you will report to the
Head of Engineering and continuously collaborate with key
stakeholders across the business to solve the most critical
technical problems. You Will
- Drive and collaborate on the strategic roadmap of core
engineering decisions while improving the resiliency, scalability,
and performance of Alle's core platform
- Possess a high bar of quality and standards for core services
and platform engineering
- Scale, mentor, and enable learning in the Engineering team
- Maximize throughput and uptime with monitoring, contingency
plans, deployment strategies, and escalation reports
- Have a passion for leadership, documentation, automation, and
reusable infrastructure as code
- Collaborate and improve documentation and processes with
Engineering, Product Management, Project Management, QA, and Data
- Care about who you work with and how work is done. We hire
carefully, and the entire team is allowed to take part in
evaluating potential hires
- Relate to our core values (see below) and have a desire to
contribute to a positive working environment and culture Required
Experience & Technical Skills
- 10+ years creating, aligning, and managing infrastructure
roadmaps for systems in a large scale environment
- 5+ years of leadership and managing a team of 10+ Engineers and
- Expert-level understanding of core service architecture
including domains like identity management, message delivery
platforms like Sendgrid/Twilio/Braze and payment gateways
- Adept at drafting, validating, and implementing software
systems architecture that span different styles like SOA,
Microservices, Event Driven and more.
- Knowledge of various aspects of service design like messaging
protocols & behavior, caching strategies, deployment strategies,
and software design practices
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field; or comparable
experience/certifications Core Values
- Be Humble: You're smart yet always interested in learning from
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in
having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video
tutorials and meetups you regularly self-educate and improve your
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to
those you work with. Perks
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive annual bonus targets.
- 401k with dollar-for-dollar match, up to 6% of eligible
earnings (base, bonus). Plus, additional company contribution.
- RSU grants (Long Term Incentives) for approved roles.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 17 paid holidays per year, including 3 floating holidays.
- Annual Paid Time Off (PTO), with separate sick days
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Caregiver Leave
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Plan
- Flexible workplace accommodations.
- Free gym membership for those in our Irvine, CA WeWork
- We celebrate our wins with opportunities to attend Lakers,
Knicks, Anaheim Ducks, Anaheim Angels and NY Rangers games.
- Opportunities to attend concerts, festivals and other live
entertainment events in recognition of delivering great work.
- Attend AWS Re:Invent in person (Las Vegas) or virtually each
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Attend a tech or marketing conference of your choice each
- A MacBook Pro and accompanying hardware to do great work.
- A modern productivity toolset to get work done: Slack, Miro,
Loom, Lucid, Google Docs, Atlassian and more.
- Generous discounts on SkinMedica skin care products.
- Discounted aesthetic treatment days multiple times a year.
- $600 worth of Alle benefits per year to use towards aesthetic
treatments & products.
- Eligible for donation matching to over 1.5 million nonprofit
organizations. Applicable to California Applicants Only--- The
below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range
of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting.
We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this
range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in
California.This range may be modified in the future.--- The salary
range is (minimum: $ 146,000 to maximum: $ 285,000 )--- This job is
eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program--- This
job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive
programs--- We offer comprehensive package of benefits including
paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision
insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or
compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive,
benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are
allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole
discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the
Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.#LI-REMOTE
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets.
It is AbbVie's policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest
ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin,
age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a
disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service
medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a
person's relationship or association with a protected veteran,
including spouses and other family members, or any other protected
group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance
in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a
disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed
Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign
badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for
viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business
hours.Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged
periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Travel:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeJob Type: ExperiencedSchedule:
Full-timeCompensationMinimum Salary $146,000 Maximum Salary
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Irvine , Director, Engineering, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...