Sr. Manufacturing Manager (B.U.M.)- Cherry
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: March 15, 2023
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
P o s i t i o n S u m m a r y :Responsible for leadership of a
designated business unit. This position is responsiblefor
maximizing individual and plant-wide productivity, quality and
technical skilldevelopment to ensure on-time shipments and customer
satisfaction, as well asreducing variable costs. This position
reports directly to the Director of Operations andserves as their
back-up.P o s i t i o n A c c o u n t a b i l i t i e s :
- Works with support departments to ensure that all business unit
production methods and practices are consistent with internal
quality standards, customerrequirements, and the AS9100 program.
- Analyzes, establishes, and communicates performance standards
for all focus factories.
- Control the flow of product, materials and labor utilization in
the business unit to maximize productivity and minimize cost while
achieving safety, quality, inventory and throughput targets.
- Review and plan for daily, weekly, and quarterly labor,
equipment, tooling and supply requirements to achieve business unit
throughput while meeting and exceeding productivity targets.
- Develop business unit priorities as it relates to plant
requirements and communicate daily with engineering, quality,
production control, finance, human resources, production, and
suppliers; measure performance againststated priorities.
- Leads the team in developing and implementing effective systems
for improving internal and external quality, cost improvements and
on-time delivery to the customer requirements.
- Effectively collaborate with manufacturing engineering,
qualityengineering, andproduction supervision to achieve scrap,
cost and safety requirements.HRP-004-M36, Rev. A, Date: 11 Dec 14,
DCR# 14-1226 2
- Provide effective leadership and act in a manner that maintains
a positive and productive work environment with customers, clients,
co-workers and supervisors.
- Analyze variable labor costs daily, work with supervisors to
determine requiredstaffing levels and support labor re-allocation
across the plant as required.
- Carry out management responsibilities including interviewing,
hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing
work; evaluating and appraising individual performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
- Coordinates the My Idea program for the business unit.
- Supports cross training to ensure the elimination of all skill
gaps, resulting in a more skilled and adaptable workforce. Ensures
the completion of required competency forms and certifications, as
well as maintains an employee skill matrix.
- Administers policies and procedures as required.
- Provides support to the Manufacturing Supervisors and
Production Coordinators as required.
- Supports a zero injury culture by pro-actively complying with
all environmental safe practices and regulations. Reads all MSDS'
and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling
and storage requirements.
- Conducts EH&S self inspection and safety huddles in areas
- Performs other related duties as assigned or
requested.HRP-004-M36, Rev. A, Date: 11 Dec 14, DCR# 14-1226 3P o s
i t i o n Q u a l i f i c a t i o n s :MINIMUM EDUCATION
- Bachelor's Degree; Engineering degree highly preferredMINIMUM
- 7+ years related experience
- Demonstrated professional advancement in a manufacturing
- Able to meet competing deadlines
- Solid business acumen
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Intermediate to Advanced use of MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
- High energy level and able to work flexible hours
- Able to motivate and develop teams to meet performance
requirementsLEVEL OF SUPERVISION
- Directly supervises up to 10 salaried employees and indirectly
supervises up to 250 hourly employees.
For informational purposes only, the range of pay for this role is
$115400 to $173200 US Dollar (USD) Salaried based on a variety of
factors. For informational purposes only, this role is eligible to
participate in the Company's Quarterly Cash Bonus Plan, paid out at
the quarterly bonus factor of 2X the Company's bonus multiple,
based on the Company's performance in the applicable quarter.
Employees will receive 120 hours paid time off every year.
Employees will also receive 10 paid holidays. Employees (and their
families) are eligible to participate in the company's medical,
dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are eligible to
enroll in the Company's 401(k) plan.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Irvine , Sr. Manufacturing Manager (B.U.M.)- Cherry, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...