Manager II, Engineering
Company: B. Braun Medical Inc
Posted on: January 25, 2023
B. Braun Medical, Inc.
Manager II, Engineering
Job ID: 2021-19177
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
About B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy
and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative
medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key
product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and
compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is
committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing
patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS -. Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Technical
Services, the Manager II, Engineering will manage engineering
activities so that the organization's buildings, facilities,
machinery and equipment operate reliably. Responsibilities:
- Manages engineering activities so that the organization's
buildings, facilities, machinery and equipment operate
- Plans, prioritizes, schedules and manages engineering
activities (for example planned maintenance programs, shutdowns or
emergency repairs) to rectify break-downs and malfunctions and
minimize business disruptions.
- Develops and assists with implementing engineering, production,
and maintenance procedures; monitors the cost and effectiveness of
activities to optimize resources, priorities spending and achieve
timeliness, reliability and safety standards.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new maintenance equipment
and tools to enhance the capabilities of the maintenance team.
- Evaluates, selects and manages relationships with external
contractors (for example builders, electricians) to minimize costs
and ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of
- Liaises with functional or operational area managers throughout
the organization (for example in production or branch, store,
facility or plant managers) to coordinate scheduled maintenance
activities with their operations.
- Estimates the cost, time and resources required for
repair/upgrade projects; prepares work orders and monitors the
progress of work against estimates.
- Where applicable plans, directs and monitors preventative and
corrective maintenance and repair activities so that the
organization's electrical system, building management system and
firefighting protection system operate reliably.
- Responsible for personnel actions including hiring, performance
management and termination. The job function listed is not
exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned
by the Supervisor from time to time. Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of professional field and industry.
Influences the development of and drives the application of
principles, theories, concepts. Determines best course of
- Manages activities of a functional area which has at least 2
departments or major functions through managers and/or experienced
employees. Responsible for cost, method, and employee results.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Interacts with internal and/or external clients and customers
to negotiate and interpret information on projects and unit
operations. May consult with senior management. Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Aerospace preferred.
- GMP/cGMP experience. Qualifications
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10-12 years related experience required.
- Occasional business travel required
- Valid driver's license
- Valid passport Desired:
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands: While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally: Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently: Stand, Sit
- Constantly: N/A Activities:
- Occasionally: Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward
- Frequently: Sitting, Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Constantly: N/A Environmental Conditions:
- Occasionally: N/A
- Frequently: Proximity to moving parts
- Constantly: N/A Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: Warehouse environment, Lab environment
- Frequently: Office environment, Production/manufacturing
- Constantly: N/A
What We Offer
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: B. Braun Medical Inc, Irvine , Manager II, Engineering, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!