Company: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Contracts ManagerLocation : IRVINE, CA, United States
Job Family : Program Management
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Sep 26, 2022
Job ID : 34510Back to Search ResultsJob DescriptionApply Now >
Save Job Job Saved Parker Aerospace
- Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin
Corporation, is one of the world's leading producers of flight
control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal
management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace
industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every
aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
- In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to
us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and
lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and
innovative thinking of a true business partner.
- Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our
customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity,
innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business
has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share
in Parker's success. Position Summary
- Leads the contract management function for a large Division,
Site, or a major sub-team, responsible for major contracts,
negotiations, and analysis of strategic importance to business
performance. May lead multi-divisional contract negotiations.
- Ensures efficient coordination and consistency of contract
terms and conditions within the division. Consults with and advises
Division leadership on major and/or critical contract negotiations
to ensure appropriate review of potential liabilities and to assess
risk-bearing contractual terms.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction This position will have direct
reports. Typically reports to the Division General Manager,
Division Staff, or Division Contracts Manager. Provides leadership
to a large team or multiple teams. Regular interaction with
Division Team Leaders, Division General Manager and staff, and
external stakeholders. Essential Functions
- Manages and is accountable for the performance of military and
commercial contracts for all Divisional programs. Leads complex
negotiations with major impact to division business outcomes. May
lead multi-divisional contract negotiations.
- Contributes to meeting business objectives and participates in
strategic planning at the Division level. Exhibits understanding of
division goals and strategies and applies them to contract
management practices. May participate on the Group Contracts
Management Leadership Team to develop and implement
- May research, develop, and manage activities related to
international business development activities (e.g. contract terms
for use with non-U.S. customers and suppliers; international
letters of credit). Supports low cost strategies and opportunities
associated with international supplier and offset strategies and
assisting with negotiations. Recommends general and specific
courses of action.
- Provides expert advice and interpretation of legal contract and
subcontract terms and conditions to minimize or reduce risk and
potential liabilities. Analyzes, defines, and estimates the
potential impact of contract liability and works with and across
divisions to determine negotiation strategy and workable
- Plans, develops, recommends, and implements training,
procedures, and systems to be used for contract review across the
Division. Participates in high-risk or complex areas such as
multi-division contracts, major sub-contracts, joint ventures,
and/or systems contracts. Establishes criteria and process for the
review of contract exceptions.
- Establishes direction for functional team and direct reports.
Develops and mentors others. Champions professional certification
and career development for the Group contracts
- Manages the contract management budget for Division. Oversees
and approves task planning on large contracts or programs; approves
resource requirements and effort estimates. Provides risk
management techniques and analysis and implement a division change
management process. Leads the development of a consistent,
effective process for contractual flow down requirements.
- Responsible for Division implementation of and compliance with
Parker export compliance policies and procedures. Provides cohesive
leadership in export compliance for the division.
- Investigates and resolves compliance problems and responds to
questions from internal or customer sources and government
regulatory agencies. Prepares letters on behalf of Group/Division
- Coordinates training and business meetings to facilitate the
exchange of information on contract review. Develops and implements
programs to increase cross-functional knowledge and awareness of
contracting requirements and policies as needed.
- Maintains and coordinates contacts with domestic and foreign
civilian and military representatives, as well as customers and
government agency officials. Analyzes problem/opportunity areas,
structures data-gathering and evaluation of internal processes, and
- Acts as a mentor and provides training to the Contract
Management function and other functional teams, as needed. Job
- Bachelor's degree (BA) in Business Administration or a related
discipline. Advanced degree preferred. Advanced Contract management
certification required (e.g., National Contract Management
Association (NCMA); International Association of Commercial
Contract Management (IACCM) or equivalent) unless JD or MBA.
- Ten or more years of related experience, including five years
in a leadership role. Demonstrated leadership of multiple contracts
of significant complexity and scope.
- Requires Contracts Management certification. May require
Contract Management certification or other certifications as
appropriate to the job function.
- Prior training and experience in leadership principles and in
leading high-performing teams.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the contract management
processes and all contract types. Advanced knowledge of regulations
and laws applicable to contracts. May require advanced knowledge of
US export compliance rules and regulations and be designated as an
- Able to lead on-going process improvements; able to
oversee/conduct training and rollout efforts to institutionalize
- Proficiency in Contract Management concepts, tools, techniques,
and risk management. Strong negotiation skills. Comprehensive
knowledge of legal principles behind high-risk terms.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships
with the contract customers and internal teams.
- Has detailed knowledge of the product lines and marketplace
associated with the fielded products. Has in-depth knowledge of
applied technology, associated tools and processes on the
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of business concepts and
accounting principles associated with the contract cost and
budgetary planning/control. Solid understanding of estimation
methods, critical path analysis, and earned value techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions,
recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and
precision. Able to respond to significant inquiries from customers,
regulatory agencies, or other teams. Able to influence business
decisions and negotiate resource allocation.
- Effectively uses current information technology, systems, and
business applications related to contracting and customer/supplier
interface; is proficient with standard software (e.g. Microsoft
Office, Lotus Notes), project management and database analysis
- Ability to quickly identify and address critical issues of
complex programs and lead team to develop action plan to improve
performance. Able to make solid tactical and strategic
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type
of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification.
The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments
and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified
employees can perform the essential functions. The job description
is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and
responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of
the position. Come join the Parker Aerospace Team!
- We believe in the importance of work life integration and
support a 9/80 Alternative Work Schedule (AWS) as well as hybrid
virtual work arrangements.
- Interested in furthering your education? We offer up to $10,000
in tuition reimbursement per calendar year as well as education
- Work hard, play hard! We enjoy celebrating our employees for
all that they do. You can look forward to various social committee
activities throughout the year including an End-of-Year BBQ,
Halloween Contest, Holiday Party, etc.
- Dress for your Day - we offer flexibility in your options for
work attire including being able to wear jeans throughout the work
- We offer competitive vacation and 13 paid holidays - enjoy time
off with family and friends during the company-wide holiday shut
down at the end of the year.
- Take advantage of our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which
is a free, confidential service provided to employees and their
family members to help deal with any personal problems at work or
- Grab a bite to eat at the on-site cafeteria that provides a
wide array of breakfast, lunch and snacks. We also have a mini mart
on the production floor as well as vending machines on all floors
if you need to satisfy a sugar craving.
- Stay healthy with wellness! Earn rewards for participating in
health and emotional wellbeing challenges, receive an annual
biometric screening, and enjoy access to our basketball hoops, a
volleyball court, and baseball field.
- Employee discounts on various services (car purchases, computer
purchases, life adventures, etc.)
- 401(k) with a 5% matching contribution with immediate investing
in addition to a 3% RIA match (overall 8% company match)!
- Competitive annual bonus incentive plan. Comprehensive medical
and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- Refer a family member or friend and receive a generous award
for referrals that are hired (up to $4,000)! Parker Hannifin is a
Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For
more than a century the company has been enabling engineering
breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at
www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin. Parker is an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring
equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and
employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons
regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity,
genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected
by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance
eligibility requirements. ("Minority / Female / Disability /
Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor") If you would like more
information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant
under the law, please go to
Save Job Job Saved
Keywords: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group, Irvine , Contracts Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!