Manager II, Engineering
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: January 23, 2023
B. Braun Medical, Inc.Manager II, EngineeringUS-CA-IrvineJob ID:
2021-19177Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category:
EngineeringIrvine FacilityOverviewAbout B. Braun B. Braun Medical
Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops,
manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services
to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include
nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound
care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating
preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and
environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in
Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in
the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap
- and CAPS -. Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs
more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing
Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge
with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical
issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B.
Braun Medical, visit .ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary:Under the
direction of the Director of Technical Services, the Manager II,
Engineering will manage engineering activities so that the
organization's buildings, facilities, machinery and equipment
operate reliably. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Manages engineering activities so that the organization's
buildings, facilities, machinery and equipment operate
- Plans, prioritizes, schedules and manages engineering
activities (for example planned maintenance programs, shutdowns or
emergency repairs) to rectify break-downs and malfunctions and
minimize business disruptions.
- Develops and assists with implementing engineering, production,
and maintenance procedures; monitors the cost and effectiveness of
activities to optimize resources, priorities spending and achieve
timeliness, reliability and safety standards.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new maintenance equipment
and tools to enhance the capabilities of the maintenance team.
- Evaluates, selects and manages relationships with external
contractors (for example builders, electricians) to minimize costs
and ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of
- Liaises with functional or operational area managers throughout
the organization (for example in production or branch, store,
facility or plant managers) to coordinate scheduled maintenance
activities with their operations.
- Estimates the cost, time and resources required for
repair/upgrade projects; prepares work orders and monitors the
progress of work against estimates.
- Where applicable plans, directs and monitors preventative and
corrective maintenance and repair activities so that the
organization's electrical system, building management system and
firefighting protection system operate reliably.
- Responsible for personnel actions including hiring, performance
management and termination.The job function listed is not
exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned
by the Supervisor from time to time. Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of professional field and industry.
Influences the development of and drives the application of
principles, theories, concepts. Determines best course of
- Manages activities of a functional area which has at least 2
departments or major functions through managers and/or experienced
employees. Responsible for cost, method, and employee results.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Interacts with internal and/or external clients and customers
to negotiate and interpret information on projects and unit
operations. May consult with senior management. Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Aerospace preferred.
- GMP/cGMP experience. QualificationsExpertise: Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10-12 years related experience required.
- Occasional business travel required
- Valid driver's license
- Valid passportDesired:
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Additional Information Responsibilities: Other Duties:The preceding
functions have been provided as examples of the types of work
performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this
description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify,
change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due
to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally: Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently: Stand, Sit
- Constantly: N/AActivities:
- Occasionally: Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward
- Frequently: Sitting, Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Constantly: N/AEnvironmental Conditions:
- Occasionally: N/A
- Frequently: Proximity to moving parts
- Constantly: N/AWork Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: Warehouse environment, Lab environment
- Frequently: Office environment, Production/manufacturing
- Constantly: N/AWhat We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent
benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and
tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety
healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
services.NoticesEqual Opportunity Employer Veterans/DisabledAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.PI201516634
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Irvine , Manager II, Engineering, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!