Technical Project - Program Manager
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology
and communications services, transforming the way we connect across
the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.What you'll be doing...
The Program Management Office (PMO) for Southern California
provides oversight and control points for all Southern
California-based programs that drive Verizon's network growth and
reliability. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an
established team, working in a fast-paced and evolving
- Working in conjunction with internal business partners
(including Radio Frequency Design/System Performance, Real Estate,
Regulatory, Implementation, and Network Assurance) to deliver and
implement Plan of Record (PoR) goals.
- Providing governance for and driving the direction of multiple
cross-organizational work streams on which the success of network
programs is dependent.
- Impacting individual project completions by applying sound
engineering knowledge and by working closely with internal
suppliers and vendors, while taking into consideration cost, time
frame and deployment options.
- Managing end-to-end programs and efficiencies, across all
network technologies, products, and functional support
- Creating reports and quality dashboards that detail cycle times
and identify bottlenecks.
- Being a catalyst for change and efficiency as we improve or
leverage existing processes. Where you'll be working---
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
manager . What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or
Finance, or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication (writing, verbal, and presentation)
- Data analytical skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with the full suite of Google
Workspace or Microsoft Office. Even better if you have one or more
of the following:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification.
- Project leadership experience, including successful
project/program launches and conclusions.
- Experience with Project Management/Reporting Tools (Fuze SPM,
Tableau, etc.). We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer -
and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know
that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page
to learn more.Our credo is at the core of the
V team culture.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Irvine , Technical Project - Program Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!