Project Manager (Remote)
Company: Easterseals Southern California
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Develops and manages projects related to ESSC's Kaiser Permanente
insurance contracts and other initiatives, including large-scale,
cross-functional project(s), and/or multiple medium to complex
projects from creation through on time completion and within
budget. Works under limited supervision, as directed by the
Director, New Development & Innovation. Coordinates personnel and
resources required for successful projects. Has overall
responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal
staffing, outside vendors, and contractual deliverables. Prepares
reports for upper management regarding status of project(s).
This job is -remote -but requires you to live in Southern
California area as this position may require return to office in
the future. -
- Initiates, plans, executes, monitors, controls and completes
large scale, cross functional and/or multiple medium to complex
projects and/or programs (defined as a collection of projects and
services which together achieve common business goals and strategic
initiatives with potentially long implementation time frames). May
manage several unrelated projects simultaneously.
- Initiates project by working with sponsor(s) to develop project
scope including goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables.
Works with the project sponsor(s), business manager, and functional
managers in gathering business requirements, current state
assessments and/or project requirements to develop preliminary
- Develops and manages the activities, including: scope,
time/schedule development, cost, quality planning, project team,
communications, risk and budget. This includes defining tasks, and
developing high-level and detailed timelines and project plans and
other project artifacts.
- Executes the project by leading the work of the project
resources (internal and/or external) in a matrixed environment. On
large projects/programs, may delegate activities to other staff.
Ensures project team is actively participating, collaborating and
coordinating amongst team members as well as with other projects
and/or business operations.
- Monitors and controls all aspects of the project by measuring
progress and correcting course when project goes beyond scope or is
not meeting goals and objectives. Ensures project remains on
timeline and budget by managing schedules and resources and
removing barriers. Works with project team, sponsors and/o New
Development & Innovation Director to negotiate changes such as
scope, timeline, deliverables and integration points.
- Provides consultative services to project team for project
management, organizational and/or crossfunctional discussions.
Ensures project is identifying and considering all potential
impacts throughout the company and raises these considerations if
the project team has not identified them. Provides consultative
services to other projects that have integration points and/or
impact to project to ensure collaboration and efficiency between
- Manages project risk by identifying, planning for, developing
and implementing strategies to mitigate or minimize risks and
monitor findings, and monitoring risks throughout the project.
Appropriately escalates risks and/or issues to the New Development
& Innovation Director and/or sponsor(s) as needed. Facilitates or
assists with conflict resolution within project team.
- Prepares project communications including status reports,
dashboards, and other materials to keep management, business units,
and other stakeholders informed of project status and related
issues. Performs quantitative and/or qualitative analysis for
project including data collection and review, requirements
analysis, work flow process analysis, root-cause analysis,
- Maintains positive relationships with ESSC service line members
and corporate departments and promotes collaboration and exchange
of information between them.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science,
Health Management, Psychology, or other relevant field. Master's
degree in a related field is preferred.
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP), by PMI
(Project Management Institute) is preferred.
- Health Information Management certifications preferred.
- 4 years project management experience as an individual
contributor. Hands-on experience managing projects centered around
growth strategy and service innovation highly desirable.
- Previous work experience in healthcare or behavioral health
- Experience managing and delivering projects with successful
outcomes. Experience within a multi-site medical model is
preferred; strong understanding of various project management
methodologies and tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Strong Project Management knowledge related to: fit/gap
analysis, program management, project control, project estimation,
project implementation, project management, project portfolio
management (PPM), project status reporting, stakeholder management,
project management software, needs analysis, project
administration, project development, project evaluation, project
lifecycle management (PLM), project planning, project scheduling,
scope management, and vendor management.
- Thorough knowledge of PM principles, methodologies, and skills
in developing and leading multi-dimensional projects.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear,
concise, effective, and accurate manner to achieve results for the
organization. Able to maintain customer service orientation and
professionalism at all times.
- Ability to develop and deliver high level presentations to
- Effective leading teams and meetings. Able to negotiate and set
priorities as required.
- Ability to develop, propose, and manage project budget. Able to
practice good time management and to multitask.
- Proficiency with MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Project, Visio), and familiar with EHR systems.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain a high level of
confidentiality with sensitive and confidential situations and
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint
clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of
Investigation, per Easterseals Southern California and/or program
- Ability to travel locally with own reliable transportation,
maintain driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety
Standards; have and maintain auto insurance and vehicle
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Must pass all drug testing required by ESSC.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA:
- Carrying/Lifting: Occasional / 0-10 lbs. - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Standing: Occasional / Up to 3 hours per day
- Sitting: Constant - / Up to 8 hours per day
- Walking: Occasional / Up to 3 hours per day
- Travel: Up to 50% of time
- Repetitive Motion: Keyboard activity, telephone use,
- Visual Acuity: Ability to view computer monitor and read
newsprint - Environmental Exposure: - - None
Keywords: Easterseals Southern California, Irvine , Project Manager (Remote), Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!