Tax Manager - Permanently Remote - Home Based!
Company: Affinity Executive Search
Posted on: November 24, 2022
We are a top ranked regional CPA and consulting firm with a
sixty year reputation for excellence and expertise in the
accounting and management consulting industry. Providing the
services of a large firm with a blended environment of practices,
services and industry specializations, we continue to demonstrate
renowned industry leadership year-over-year. The firm takes pride
in client service and professional growth and has recently been
named one of the Business Journal's 'Best Places to Work'.We are
proud of our entrepreneurial spirit and the guidance we provide to
our clients on a daily basis so they can make better decisions in
their business. We offer a very reasonable work / life balance with
a choice of living anywhere in the U S and working permanently from
home, or working a hybrid in office schedule. Additionally, we
offer a high base / bonus compensation packages, great benefits,
diverse publicly held and closely held clients to work on, and a
fast track to Partnership. Tax Manager positions are available in
our Riverside, West Los Angeles, Irvine, and San Jose, CA
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Tax Manager is responsible for the efficient, accurate,
complete, and timely preparation of all clients' tax returns.
Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas,
along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory
skills are required. The Manager has mastered the skills and
requirements of the Senior role and has been identified as
possessing the pre-requisite for future growth in the Firm. The
Manager makes decisions most tax situations.
- Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns
and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in discipline or
- Demonstrates excellence in most advanced technical
- Performs all task related to client service and sees that
assignments are accomplished within budgeted time.
- Assumes full responsibility for larger tax returns and
delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed
- Delegates and manages tax research projects to achieve an
accurate and efficient product.
- Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning
efforts to assist the A&A Department with larger
- Acts as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and A&A
staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Assumes tax preparation responsibility for the more complex
- Assumes client service responsibility for clients the Tax
Manager works directly with or clients where the responsibility is
delegated from the Partner.
- Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important tax
and tax developments affecting the firms' clients.
- Delegates and manages governmental tax examinations; may
represent the client before the appropriate taxing
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff
members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Supervises tax staff and provides on-the-job training.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in
recruiting, performance evaluations, development training aids, and
acting as an instructor in professional development
- Assumes responsibility for smooth flow of tax returns through
the tax preparation system to assure accurate, complete and timely
preparation and delivery of all clients' tax returns.
- Accurate and timely billing and collection processes are
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firms' philosophy and its
opinions on tax matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of
possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to
time by the partners.
- Researches and evaluates tax preparation and tax research
software for recommendation to partners.
- Participates in firm practice development efforts through
involvement with referral sources, community and industry
- Promotes the most efficient operations of the Firm and supports
compliance guidelines in managing others.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of current tax laws.
- Proficiency in use of computer tax preparation, tax research,
and tax planning software programs.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet
deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task.
- Ability to operate a computer and calculator.
- Responsible for the development, coaching and training of
senior, semi-seniors and staff accountants.
- Must be familiar with the qualifications of all Tax staff
members for the development and instruction of their training
- Participates in reviews and evaluations of the tax
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Five to ten years experience in public accounting,
demonstrating a proven progression in tax complexity, scope, and
- At least two (2) years experience representing clients before
- Minimum one (1) year experience supervising and directing work
of tax preparers.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required, Master's degree in
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each
year to maintain and develop technical and business
- A current and valid certified public accountant's license is
- Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Participates in career development program to improve
managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Respects and embraces diversity; looks to build a One-Firm team
spirit among staff.
Keywords: Affinity Executive Search, Irvine , Tax Manager - Permanently Remote - Home Based!, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!