Supplier Relationship Manager
Company: Safran companies
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Supplier Relationship Manager (SRM) support the category
strategies with key strategic suppliers through developing,
monitoring and executing continuous performance improvement
initiatives. This position identifies and prioritizes opportunities
for joint supply chain process/performance improvement, innovation,
new technology and capabilities, and design standardization to
enhance total value. The SRM also benchmarks and shares industry
leading best practices across key suppliers and category
stakeholders. Also, rigorously manages the performance standards
and metrics to continue to drive value and improvement from
suppliers and elevates any concerns to category stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing and managing the supplier relationship
(e.g., sourcing, management of relationship, performance
monitoring, etc). Ensuring that SEDA is obtaining the financial and
service performance benefits
- Participates in continuous improvement in the supply base by
communicating objective performance metrics such as lead-time
reduction, on-time delivery improvement, quality improvement, and
total cost of ownership.
- Identifies supplier management plans to integrate
supplier/procurement program activities. Coordinates with internal
and external resources to enhance supplier performance in the areas
of technical, cost, product delivery, business and quality.
- Meets with suppliers to develop continuous improvement plans
through either Quarterly Business Reviews and/or supplier visits.
(Travel Required) Conducts oversight and management of strategies,
performance and development of small-scale suppliers.
- Monitors supplier overall performance.
- Where necessary, recommends initiates and ensures action plans
are carried out to correct failures in performance.
- Understands the basics process of conducting root-cause analysis
and developing and deploying corrective and preventative action
- Exhibits business acumen with limited market knowledge to
construct supply chain solutions to meet strategic financial plan
- Leaders first reach deep inside themselves to embrace their hopes
- They then help others embrace their own hopes and dreams and
guide them in applying their passion to achieve the goals of the
organization and to open up new possibilities.
- Leaders express commitment to and confidence in people, often
beyond the level of confidence people have in themselves.
(Developing Self and Others, Inspiring and Motivating Others)
- Goes beyond the communication of ideas - it achieves a shared
understanding and level of trust that gives personal meaning to the
- The leader's message ties the overall objectives of the
organization to the personal objectives of the individuals, team
and organization. In doing so, the leader aligns employees to
achieve the organization's goals by communicating what needs to be
done, why it needs to be done, and what is in it for them. (Oral &
Written Communication, Active Listening) Execute Flawlessly
- Requires a relentless pursuit of end-goals and the discipline to
do what it takes to plan, organize, and achieve those goals. This
goes beyond just performing specific job responsibilities.
- It involves a deep sense of caring, respect for the team and a
commitment to customers. This is supported through the continuous
development of tools, processes and approaches that build a
heightened sense of confidence in the organization's ability to
achieve astonishing results.Job RequirementsEducation /
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, or, in the absence
of a bachelor's degree, six years of related experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware,
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent
resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
- Leads others in thinking through a logical, in-depth analysis of
a problem or situation Judgment
- Able to make quick and well-informed decisions, even under
- Strategic Thinking
- Makes recommendations for ways to capitalize on the organizations
and supplier's competitive strengths.
- Performance Monitoring
- Monitors the performance of self and team to ensure quality
- A high level of interpersonal skills and ability to engage and
communicate with internal and external stakeholders at operational
and executive levels.
- Develops relationships with others that are based on
trust.Specificity of the job25% or on an as needed basis1833 Alton
PkwayCA 92606Irvine Copy Address 76,800 employees worldwide 27
Number of countries where Safran is located
Keywords: Safran companies, Irvine , Supplier Relationship Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!