Manager, Employee Relations
Company: Hyundai Capital America
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Who We Are: Through our service brands Hyundai Motor Finance,
Genesis Finance*, and Kia Motors Finance, we provide financial
products tailored to meet the needs of Hyundai, Genesis, and Kia
dealerships nationwide, including dealer inventory and facility
financing. And, through these dealerships, we provide indirect
vehicle financing and leasing solutions to over 1.7 million retail
Employee Value Prop and Culture: Hyundai Capital America aims to be
an agile and innovative company that is powered by the diversity of
our people and ideas. We are a passionate team, building a
connected and inclusive culture that promotes collaboration,
embraces change, values talent, rewards performance, and fosters
career growth and development. As a member of the Hyundai Motor
Group and the trusted finance partner for Hyundai, Kia and Genesis,
we share a global vision and work together to drive forward into a
future of mobility and innovation.
Global One Company:
Many countries. One identity. Hyundai Capital has offices across
the world, including China, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany,
Russia, Brazil and Korea. Our work environments are designed with
specific themes in mind to achieve a consistent global identity
that reflects our values: light, collaboration, elements of nature
Employee Relations is an integral function within Hyundai Capital
America (HCA). Employee relations is an unbiased, objective
function within the HR Department that works with business leaders
to foster loyalty, reduce attrition, and maintain a positive
connection between management and the workforce. It emphasizes a
mixture of individual, team-level and collective, company-wide
policies, and practices to address employee problems and improve
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Core duties:
* Coach and support managers regarding the effective and timely
resolution of ER matters, including performance management,
disciplinary actions, employee entitlements, and employee
* Support company, department and manager by partnering with
business leaders to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and
company policies regarding employee rights, entitlements and
* Manage, investigate and resolve employee complaints, grievances
and other workplace concerns in an efficient, effective and timely
manner, including generating sufficient documentation to protect
the company and communicating effectively with all interested
* Review, support and process performance and disciplinary actions,
including corrective actions, performance improvement plans, and
separations, in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
* Collaborate with other members of Employee Relations team to
ensure alignment with company policies and procedures.
* Consult with outside legal counsel as necessary to ensure
compliance with applicable law, company policy and best practices;
and coach and consult other Human Resources professionals as
necessary regarding workplace issues and polices.
* Identify and offer solutions and initiatives regarding broader
company policy and cultural issues, employee concerns, management
and employee trends, and areas for managerial, workplace,
performance management and general ER improvement.
* Support Internal Client Groups at Headquarters (Irvine):
* Work with vendors to manage medical leaves of absence, reasonable
accommodations, and worker's compensation cases.
* Provide management and employees training regarding policies and
issues related to Employee Relations
* Manage and administer off-boarding process, including conducting
* Effectively and efficiently engage HR Business Partners, as
appropriate, regarding employee, manager and workplace issues.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Compassion and empathy - These go a long way in building and
maintaining a respectful, positive relationship, especially when
there is a performance issue.
* Time management - Key to adhering to our promise to respond
quickly to resolving employee issues or an investigation.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills - Ability to
communicate ideas effectively, to coach and facilitate change at
* Strong knowledge of applicable State and Federal employment laws,
and strong knowledge in developing and implementing Employee
Relations principles, policies and best practices.
* Mutli-task Effectively - Manage, organize and prioritize a busy
desk, with frequent interruptions, and multiple tasks.
* Ability to collaborate with a team in constructive, productive
and efficient manner to come to a resolution that benefits both the
employee and the company, where possible.
* Strong ability to manage multiple projects and analyze data to
provide recommendations to senior management on process and
* Comfortable conducting presentations and training to large
* Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and
* Experience working with a case management software,
* Minimum 7 years of experience as an Employee Relations
Specialist, or 10 years of progressive experience as an HR
Generalist with significant Employee Relations experience. Auto
industry experience a plus
* Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred or over 10 years
relevant work experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Condition:
Employees in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting,
standing and walking, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels.
Work is performed in an office environment.
- Competitive compensation, including discretionary performance
* Highly rated health and wellness programs
* 401k with match
* Monthly allowance for purchase of Hyundai, Kia or Genesis
* Generous paid time off Holidays
* Employee Connect Clubs
* Global and National site visits
Hyundai Capital America is committed to the health and safety of
our workplace. If hired, you will be required to submit proof that
you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Keywords: Hyundai Capital America, Irvine , Manager, Employee Relations, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!