Senior Contracts Manager
Company: Terran Orbital
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the
leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small
satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of
space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions.
We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly
and economically designing, building, launching, and operating
state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission
As a Senior Contracts Manager, you will support business units in
the management of contracts. Areas of responsibility include
proposal review, contract review, negotiation, and administration,
as well as compliance with U.S. export and other regulations
governing international business to provide for contract management
in accordance with company policy. Reviews, interprets, recommends,
and negotiates contractual terms and conditions and participates in
developing policies, procedures, and standard practices to ensure
contract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables.
Advises business leadership on contractual approach in accordance
with financial and programmatic objectives.
- Proactively managing a variety of contracts
(government/commercial) of all types (cost reimbursement, fixed
price, IDIQ, time and material, etc.).
- Reviewing bids and proposals to ensure they meet company
policies and customer solicitation requirements.
- Proactively identifying and resolving contractual issues;
addressing disputes, questions, concerns.
- Responding to a variety of complex inquiries while providing
leadership in developing innovative solutions.
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating various sales, teaming,
license, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Advising business and technical leadership of contractual
rights and obligations and interpreting complex terms and
- Participating in cost and pricing processes with program
management and customer representatives.
- Maintaining corporate awareness of regulatory changes and
contractual requirements, including flow-downs, US export controls,
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), anti-boycott compliance.
- Developing and maintaining various templates, training
materials, performance metrics.
- Serving as a primary contact with customers, vendors,
suppliers, and other external parties with respect to contractual
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in business, contract administration, or
similar discipline, along with 10+ years of progressive
professional experience in federal contract administration.
- Demonstrated experience with complex contract negotiation and
commercial terms and conditions in broad applications, thorough
understanding of contracting principles and concepts.
- Demonstrated experience with the U.S. federal acquisition
process, government contracting principles and regulations
- Experience with U.S. export regulations is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate multiple work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and
ability to work extended hours as required.
Generous PTO with floating holidays and flexible vacation
100% company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
coverage for employee and dependents
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations,
applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the
U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or
eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S.
Department of State. In addition, please note that this position
may also require the possession of an existing United States
National Security clearance or eligibility for such a
ABOUT TERRAN ORBITAL:
Founded in 2013 in Irvine, California, with headquarters in Boca
Raton, Florida. Terran Orbital Corporation is a leading vertically
integrated provider of end-to-end satellite solutions. Terran
Orbital combines satellite design, production, launch planning,
mission operations, and in-orbit support to meet the needs of the
most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. In
addition, Terran Orbital is developing the world's largest, most
advanced NextGen Earth Observation constellation to provide
persistent, real-time earth imagery.
Learn more at www.terranorbital.com
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other
group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Terran Orbital, Irvine , Senior Contracts Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!