Retail General Manager
Company: BPS Direct, L.L.C.
Posted on: September 18, 2022
The General Manager is Responsible for the day-to-day management of
store operations and merchandising to ensure financial efficiency,
inventory control, customer service, proper merchandise
presentation, Associate morale and other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises the Assistant Store Manager, Human
Resources Manager, Loss Prevention Manager and Promotions Manager,
and indirectly all other Managers in the Store.
- Opens and Closes the Store.
- Ensures the Store is staffed with "service" oriented
associates; participates in interviewing and selection, coordinates
training, participates in "New Hire" orientation, prepares /
approves performance appraisals, recommends merit / promotional
increases, approves weekly work schedules, coaches, and motivates
associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive
team-oriented work environment.
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service
and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all
- Meets or exceeds all financial plans as set by the
- Controls Company assets and financial efficiency by auditing
reports, journals, physical inventory, and procedures to ensure
system integrity; monitor and control cash management; controls
Stores Operating account.
- Maintains all Merchandising directives sent from the Corporate
- Maintains all Marketing & Advertising strategies in the
- Executes all Sales / Payroll plans as directed by the
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe environment and facility
for all associates and customers
- Resolves customer and associate issues
- Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
Company's policies and applicable laws, including interviewing,
hiring & training, planning, assigning and directing work;
measuring and evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining
associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time
by assisting customers in making buying decisions by identifying
and evaluating customers' needs, making product recommendations
based off of this analysis, promoting programs including, but not
limited to CLUB Membership, VOC and In-Store Pick-up.
- Experience: Minimum of 5+ years in high volume, "big box"
Retail Management, with multi-store experience desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
commissions, and percentages. Ability to define problems, collect
data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to
interpret a variety of other financial, legal, and technical
- Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to write
reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions from Managers, associates,
customers, and the public.
- Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to large
- Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets,
data-based management and electronic point of sale and inventory
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish
and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers,
associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff.
- Demonstrated use of Team concept of Management
- Performs duties within scope of general company policies,
procedures, and objectives. Analyzes problems and performs needs
assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve
desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment within
accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies,
procedures, and practices.
- Regularly performs computer work, walks, and stands.
- Occasionally sits and lifts up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, step stools,
- Occasionally operate machinery and/or power tools
- Occasionally operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- Occasionally work in low or high temperatures
- Occasionally work in outdoor elements such as precipitation and
- Occasionally work in noisy environments
- Occasionally work in hazardous conditions
Full Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class
resorts and conservation attractions!
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bass Pro Cares Fund
- And more!
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions
are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion,
sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable
federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to
reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act
and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application process, please visit your nearest location or contact
us at email@example.com.
Bass Pro Shops
Keywords: BPS Direct, L.L.C., Irvine , Retail General Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!