Manager Process and Quality Improvement
Company: Western Growers
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Part of the Western Growers Family of Companies, Western Growers
Assurance Trust (WGAT) was founded in 1957 to provide a solution to
a need in the agricultural community - a need for
employer-sponsored health benefit plans not previously available
from commercial health insurance carriers. WGAT is now the largest
provider of health benefits for the agriculture industry. The
sponsoring organization of WGAT is Western Growers Association,
created in 1926 to support the business interests of employers in
the agriculture industry. WGAT's headquarters is located in Irvine,
California.WGAT's mission is to deliver value to agriculture-based
employer groups by offering robust health plans that meet the needs
of a diverse workforce. By working at WGAT, you will join a
dedicated team of employees who truly care about offering quality
health benefits and excellent customer service to plan
participants. If you want to start making a difference working in
the health care industry, then apply to WGAT today!Job Description
SummaryUnder the direction of the Chief Operating Officer (COO),
the Manager of Process & Quality Improvement will be responsible
for planning, designing, and directing performance improvement work
in alignment with organizational goals. The incumbent will
coordinate and develop the infrastructure and strategies to
facilitate the implementation of Performance Improvement and
achievement of department goals, including integration of
system-wide and strategic initiatives, performance improvement
strategies, projects, and activities with system and departments
priorities. In addition, they are accountable for providing
business process solutions to meet internal and external customer
expectations. The Manager, Process & Quality Improvement, partners
with management, project champions, and process owners to execute
the project and deliver results. This position will have three (3)
direct reports, two (2) Reporting Specialist II and one (1)
Reporting Specialist I.Qualifications
- BA/BS's degree or higher in business management, quality
assurance, operations management, health care management, and five
(5) to seven (7) years of experience of progressive growth in
operations management with specific expertise in healthcare
- Minimum four (4) years of continuous process improvement,
integration, change management, or related business experience, and
three (3) years management experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of health plan operations including claims
processing, eligibility and enrollment, and medical management
(utilization management and utilization review)
- Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or expertise in process
improvement methodologies including Kaizen, Business Process
Engineering, Gap Analysis/Business Process Modeling Notation
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
including Visio, SharePoint, Project Management tools and data
- Demonstrated expertise in data analytics with the ability to
take complex data sets, effectively data mine, and thorough
analysis identify pertinent insights and interpretation providing
actionable insights to drive quality and process improvement
- Strong collaborative leadership style and ability to increase
the departments' effectiveness and performance by assigning
accountabilities, planning, monitoring and appraising results.
- Proven business leader with track record of delivering change
with high impact results.
- Demonstrated experience in writing and revising policy and
procedures as needed.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely to an
audience that includes staff, senior management and make public
- Internet access provided by a cable or fiber provider with 40
MB download and 10 MB upload speeds.
- Home router with wired Ethernet (wireless connections and
hotspots are not permitted).
- A designated room for your office or steps taken to protect
company information (e.g., facing computer towards wall, etc.)
- A functioning smoke detector, fire extinguisher, and first aid
kit on site.Duties And ResponsibilitiesProcess & Quality
- Analyze existing operations, systems, processes, and metrics to
identify pain points and prioritize high-value improvement
- Support identification and prioritization of future operational
improvement projects across operational areas of the
- Create process recommendation documents, including
presentations, process maps, supporting metrics, business
requirements, and related impact analyses.
- Lead the development of recommendations by other management
team and apply Lean/Six Sigma concepts and techniques to process
- Be accountable for the realization of results and present
recommendations to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from across the organization and
functional teams to help deliver improvements that balance
- Work across multiple concurrent operational improvement
- Evaluate the quality and system efficiency and create
strategies for improvement.
- Lead improvement teams that will assist with the implementation
of new recommendations.
- Spearhead the training and education related to any new company
- Act as a subject matter expert to other departments and assist
with sharing best process improvement practices, tools and
materials while participating in ongoing communication activities
and capacity-building peer exchanges.Project Management
- Independently lead and manage projects that increase efficiency
and overall enhanced operational performance. Projects will be
varied in nature, from core business process improvements to
multi-functional programs with diverse stakeholders.
- Partner with senior leadership to manage to evaluate and
prioritize project pipeline.
- Provide project oversight: developing, managing and evolving
project plans, including goals, milestones, deliverables and
- Coordinate diverse stakeholders, partnering with brand and
functional teams to coordinate and execute projects
- Own follow-up actions for unresolved questions with appropriate
sense of urgency. Complete follow-up informational calls, follow
ups for next steps, emails and/or case updates to customers and
sales representatives (when necessary) within service level
- Coordinate the Process Improvement and Quality Meetings by
serving as the administrator. Convenes regular meetings, sets
agendas, develops and analyzes performance improvement data,
designs and implements related processes and systems.Data Analysis
- Perform data analysis and develop/drive and executes innovative
strategies to achieve performance metrics, quality, service, and
- Develop, coordinate, and implements sustainability progress on
improvement activities in collaboration with improving performance
leaders at the staff and department level.
- Track performance and quality improvement after processes have
- Prepare and conduct reviews to create accurate performance
- Monitor and reports progress to leadership regarding
performance management, process improvements, and quality.
- Maintain data on a continuous performance and quality
improvement basis. Regularly reports the status of performance and
quality improvement efforts and impacts.
- Ensure data collection is timely, reported regularly, and make
recommendations for future improvements based on the
data.Management & Leadership
- Develop, manage, and lead a team of 3A+ self-accountable
- Develop a culture of authentic, personal accountability by
modeling the behavior that defines it.
- Instill a culture of safety and expectation within your
- Require direct reports to hold themselves accountable to high
performance standards and personal conduct in a clear, helpful,
- Make decisions and choices, impacting staff, using the steps
outlined in the "Outward Mindset Skills for Leaders" guide.
- Provide a robust mentorship, leadership, management, and
technical training program to continually develop staff.
- Assist in creating a career development plan for all staff
members within the Operations department.
- Present as a cohesive management team when implementing the
decisions made by upper management.Other
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission - to enhance
the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything
possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to
understand what others are trying to achieve, planning, and
executing work helpfully and collaboratively. Be willing to adjust
efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, be
self-accountable, create a positive impact, and be diligent in
- Maintain internet speed of 40 MB download and 10 MB upload and
router with wired Ethernet.
- Maintain a HIPAA compliant workstation and utilize appropriate
security techniques to ensure HIPAA required protection of all
confidential/protected client data.
- Maintain and service safety equipment (e.g., smoke detector,
fire extinguisher, first aid kit).
- All other duties as assigned.Physical Demands/Work
EnvironmentThe physical demands and work environment described here
represent those that an employee must meet to successfully perform
this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to communicate with others. The
employee frequently is required to move around the office. The
employee is often required to use tools, objects, and controls.
This noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Western Growers, Irvine , Manager Process and Quality Improvement, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!