Manager, Data Science Research & Support (Remote)
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Manager of Data Science Research and Solution Support will
provide advanced technical thought leadership, and research
long-tail solutions that require advanced technical skill sets. In
this capacity the professional will be pulling from the latest in
modeling techniques, statistics, and have a strong ability in NLP,
Deep Learning Techniques and Python based programming. Using these
skill sets the professional will perform exploratory research,
continue to research and enhance existing solutions, transfer their
knowledge and expertise to fellow professional team members by
educating them on the latest techniques and through collaborative
projects. The thought leader will lead next-gen research for
scalable state of art models that drive industry transformation
through the engagement and position NielsenIQ as the forefront of
technical data science.
- Thought lead on innovative approaches to unique business
challenges that require long-tail solutions.
- Perform Exploratory Research on potential solution deliveries
that could have significant impact to clients macro and micro
- Educate and expand the teams knowledge in latest techniques in
market for data science - share that knowledge through
collaboration and active seminars w/team.
- Utilize highly advanced technical skill sets in NLP, Deep
Learning Techniques and Python Based Programming to enhance
existing solutions that were identified as, "Opportunities" for
- Offer support to peer team members as subject matter expert in
data science to provide thought guidance on potential challenges
peer leaders may encounter on projects w/solutions they are
- Drive milestone solutions that are proactive in nature on
long-tail that can impact client strategies and bottom-line towards
5-10 year market macro, and micro.
- Research and Evaluate current solutions, and potential future
solutions based on clients current market impacts from competitors,
economy, consumers, etc.
- Be of growth and challenge mindset - challenge status quo
w/better approaches, and be in continuous growth of learning newest
techniques to apply.
- Effective people management experience including developing
team and individual growth plans, coaching/mentoring, and aligning
business goals to team objectives
- Proven servant leadership style, and diplomatic
- Master's degree or greater in Statistics, Operations Research,
Mathematics, Economics, Econometrics, Industrial Engineering,
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience in
marketing analytics, and at least 3 years proven leading a team of
data science or analytic professionals
- Proficiency in working with statistical and econometric models
in marketing to support clients in B2B, Retail and CPG areas.
- Coding experience in SQL, Python, R Preferred
- Strong Business Acumen & Experience Synthesizing complex
analytic work to a business solution result
- Compensation: $90 - 105K base + bonus based on years of
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that
provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers
and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods
manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with
accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete
picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need
to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ
data with other data sources to help clients around the world
understand what's happening now, what's happening next, and how to
best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the
action. That's why you can find us at work in over 90 countries,
covering more than 90% of the world's population. For more
information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age,
marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected
Keywords: NielsenIQ, Irvine , Manager, Data Science Research & Support (Remote), Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!