Product Development Manager
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Product Development ManagerMerchSource is
a dynamically growing company that specializes in designing,
developing and sourcing the manufacturing of consumer goods. Our
collective drive and goal is to continuously innovate with the goal
to be the leader in the tech wellness industry. We've had double
digit growth for many years and we're not stopping there, adding
many opportunities for our team members in terms of development and
career growth. Our customers include the country's top retailers
and we continue to expand our customer base. If you are looking for
a fast paced, growing company and thrive in creative environments,
are concerned with big, innovative ideas, love to collaborate, have
an entrepreneurial spirt and drive to succeed, MerchSource is the
place for you. The Product Manager will be responsible to take
ownership of our Sharper Image's Consumer Electronics category. Our
ideal candidate is a result-driven, self-motivated and possesses
the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. What
You'll Do Provide support to the Product Development Team with the
- Responsible, accountable hands-on person with strong
multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Define and deliver product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action
and track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources
- Work cross functionally between Design, Graphics, Marketing,
Engineering, QA, Legal and Production Support teams to facilitate
and own new product development
- Creation and management of timelines for full life cycle of
- Update and maintain timeline worksheets on a daily basis.
- Retail Market Analysis and competitive shopping
- Provide creative input into design and development of new
- Collect and track all revisions from multiple sources such as,
Legal, Management, Design, and Focus groups.
- Manage and track prototype creation process, including
timelines, budgeting, and approvals.
- Responsible for the quality and compliance for all
- Work with customer service team and QA team to resolve all
product related issues.
- Manage online reviews and implement strategies to constantly
- Receive, review, and give comments on samples delivered from
- Communicate daily with Asia via email and phone.
- Travel to China is required (3-5 trips per year).
- Perform administrative duties as required.
- Engineering Background would be a plusWhat We'll Expect You to
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
- 5 to 10 years experience in hard goods/general merchandise
- 5 to 10 years experience working with overseas factories in
- Good understanding in consumer products regulations and
requirements, specifically to CE related products.
- Good understanding in consumer product testing process and be
able to communicate with lab personnel.
- Knowledge in different substrates and their attributes as it
relates to production.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Must have great communication skills and be comfortable
speaking to overseas counterparts on the phone.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Adaptable to a rapidly changing business landscape.
- Passionate about consumer products.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a positive
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet
- Must be a self-motivator, self-starter, and independent
- Fluency in Mandarin is a plus.Why you should work for us:
- Highly competitive benefits; medical (100% paid option),
dental, vision, PTO, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K employer
- The week off between Christmas and New Year's
Keywords: MerchSource, Irvine , Product Development Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!