Senior Project Manager II
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: May 15, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.Senior Project Manager IIUS-CA-IrvineJob
ID: 2021-19025Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category:
EngineeringIrvine FacilityOverviewAbout B. Braun B. Braun Medical
Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops,
manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services
to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include
nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound
care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating
preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and
environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in
Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in
the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap
- and CAPS -. Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs
more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing
Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge
with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical
issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B.
Braun Medical, visit .ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: The Senior
Project Manager II will lead strategic capital engineering projects
for the Irvine site, focused on capacity expansions, master plan
initiatives and process innovations. The Project Manager will
provide day to day management of the project and will be
responsible for ensuring that projects remain on track and under
budget. The individual in this role will also play a leadership
role in identifying and deploying manufacturing technologies to
drive business performance aligned with BBMUS' strategic needs.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Manages all aspects of projects for an organization.
- Coordinates the work activities for multiple functions to
ensure satisfying delivery.
- Responsible for all aspects of the project lifecycle: planning,
scope definition, design, execution and delivery.
- Tracks progress against milestones, budgetary guidelines or
other performance indicators, and prepares reports to senior
- Assists with the selection, negotiation and managing of all
activities regarding external consultants or vendors. Must build
- Must have ability to identify and seek needed
information/research skills, project scheduling skills and project
- Supervises consultants and contractors during the execution of
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for designated systems/
technologies and provide technical recommendations including
introduction of new products, processes, equipment and
- Anticipate potential process related problems, risks and
technical conflicts and develop the necessary contingency plans to
improve business continuity.
- Delegates the tasks and responsibility for reaching the project
objectives to the individual members of the team.
- Responsible of managing, executing and reporting of Highly
Complex projects without assistance.
- Research, develop, and prepare specifications for new products,
processes, equipment, and technology.
- Prepare and present technical investigative reports to senior
level management. The job function listed is not exhaustive and
shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the
Supervisor from time to time. Expertise: Knowledge & Skill
- Requires advanced knowledge of professional field and industry.
Influences the development of and drives the application of
principles, theories, concepts. Determines best course of
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training , assigning and checking the work of
lower level employees. Referring only complex problems and
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external
- Interacts with internal and/or external clients and customers
to negotiate and interpret information on projects and unit
operations. May consult with senior management.
- Ability of analyzing existing equipment, processes, facilities,
infrastructure and systems to identify areas of improvement, and
implement solutions to optimize performance following the
commissioning and qualification procedures.Preferred Requirements:
- Pharmaceutical or highly regulated industry (GMP).
- Experience with Pharma and medical device process
- Engineering degree is preferred. QualificationsExpertise:
Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10-12 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Occasional business travel required
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance. Desired:
- Master's degree preferred. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel
and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 20 pounds. Additional Information
Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently: Stand, Sit
- Constantly: N/AActivities:
- Occasionally: Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and
- Frequently: Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Constantly: N/AEnvironmental Conditions:
- Occasionally: N/A
- Frequently: Proximity to moving parts
- Constantly: N/AWork Environment:The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: Warehouse environment, Lab environment
- Frequently: Office environment, Production/manufacturing
- Constantly: N/AWhat We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent
benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and
tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety
healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
services.NoticesEqual Opportunity Employer Veterans/DisabledAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.PI177357093
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Irvine , Senior Project Manager II, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!