Manager of Business Development
Company: Phocas Software
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Phocas is a software provider that is committed to helping
people feel good about using data. Phocas offers solutions for
analytics that work seamlessly together to help businesses report,
budget and act faster by putting data in the hands of decision
makers. Our software brings together organizations' most useful
data from an ERP and other business systems and presents it in a
way that makes it easy to analyze by anyone.
To put it in a nut shell, we've got a great product, loyal
customers and a happy team! We hire really smart people who are
incredibly curious and passionate about alleviating customer's
pain, but also about changing people's lives through how they do
We are looking for a Manager, Business Development to lead our
Business Development Representative team - responsible for
generating qualified pipeline through Inbound, Outbound, and
This role is a highly visible and important role at Phocas, and
involves managing a team directly as well as collaborating with
other teams at Phocas like: Marketing, Sales, Account Management,
and Operations. The Manager of Business Development will be based
in our Orange County Office and will report to the VP, Sales and
The Manager of Business Development will be responsible for the
oversight and management of Phocas' BDR department. In addition to
managing a team (hiring and training new BDRs), they are also
responsible for overseeing sales pipeline growth.
- Own the revenue contribution outcome from the BDR organization
sourced by both inbound and outbound sources.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting on volume
statistics, lead pipeline, conversation of sales accepted
opportunities and playbook effectiveness.
- Recruit/hire (supported by company's recruiting team), train,
and develop a world-class team of BDRs.
- Build up and support the reps on your team with coaching,
training, skill-building, encouragement, and genuine
- Participate in and guide your team through qualification of
opportunities with prospective customers.
- Continue to create, refine, and improve on existing pipeline
generation programs toward higher levels of achievement.
- Evaluate and implement tools and systems as required
(Prospecting, Dialing, Email, etc).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- 3-5+ years of SaaS experience in Sales/ Business Development,
Closing Role(s) and/or sales management roles in a B2B
- Track record of meeting or exceeding quota both as an
individual and team leader.
- Experience in building and expanding a business development
team while building the revenue growth engine.
- Exceptional history of career development (history of
individual success & promotions).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Works well in a remote and fast-paced start-up
- Proficiency with a modern revenue tech stack: Salesforce.com,
Hubspot, spreadsheets, sales automation platforms (Outreach/
Salesloft, ZoomInfo, Gong, etc.), ABM tools (Demandbase/ 6Sense),
Social Selling (Linkedin Sales Nav and VidYard).
- Willing to travel 15-25% of the time (internal and external
BenefitsFun / Fulfilling: Awesome culture and meaningful work!
- Autonomy: Trusted to follow your passion and make it your
- Growth: Opportunity to be more - for you and the business
- Wellness: We believe in a real work life balance and have a
strong family orientated cultureIn addition to a fun and fulfilling
team and environment, other benefits provided include:
- 401(k) match
- Company paid medical, vision and dental with buy-up
- Generous time off - 20-vacation days and 10-sick days plus
generous company holiday schedule
- Remote work available
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Phocas Software, Irvine , Manager of Business Development, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!