Sr Manager of Product Development - Generators - Remote
Company: Harbor Freight Tools
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Sr. Manager of Product Development (Generators) reports
directly to the Director of Quality Assurance and is responsible
for assisting in the development of new and existing accessory
product and product lines at Harbor Freight Tools. Key functions
involve coordinating daily activities of the quality assurance
department to include; providing effective leadership and direction
to various QA employees, coordinating supplier corrective action
issues and driving resolutions, ensuring continuous improvement of
department processes and systems that align with company
objectives, and execution of departmental tasks to establish a
global quality organization that will support future growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop a high performance and results driven team
with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Work with vendors and factories on accessory
- Evaluating design documents and drawings for manufacturability
- Author test procedures to test performance, durability, and
- Ensure compliance with core company values and consistently
drive improvement while championing transparent collaboration
across the company.
- Work as a coach / mentor to develop up-and-coming quality staff
by using a hands-on approach to develop and training
- Work collaboratively with both internal corporate partners and
with our substantial vendor base to constantly improve quality and
- Spearhead the development and/or refinement of established
quality plans for inspection, test, and evaluation of materials,
processes and products.
- Lead and drive testing protocol improvements and
- Responsible for ensuring product compliance and safety
certifications; in addition, establish SOPs for product regulations
and testing/inspection protocols.
- Interact with all levels of management, company consultants,
regulatory agents, clients, external testing labs, and lab
equipment and supply vendors.
- Provide input on global inspection strategy aimed at optimizing
a global inspection team and performance metrics.
- Manage customer feedback channels and identify emerging trends
to prioritize where emphasis should be placed to prevent
- Implements internal and external measurement tools to assess
process performance against established goals (i.e. Inspection
Coverage, SCAR performance, Return Rates, etc.)
- Oversee product liability claims and intellectual property
- Implement maintenance testing strategies and related testing
- Facilitate and/or lead cross-functional problem solving
projects on parts or processes related to customer complaints,
issues found during qualification testing, high return rates,
and/or found during inspection
- Aid in the maintenance of the inspection check sheets, QC holds
inventory, returns data, first article, regulatory certifications,
and other required documentation within the QA department.
- Development of inspection and testing protocol by developing
Best Practices to improve inspection efficiency and
- Ensure timeliness, clarity and accuracy of all technical
documentation and correspondence
Requirements :Job Qualifications - Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Generators field,
including Development, Manufacturing, or Quality Assurance for
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Must be a self-starter, results driven and proven leader with a
demonstrated track record of performance in a professional
- Proficient in mechanical and manufacturing engineering
principles. Hands-on practical experience with related HFT product
offerings is desired.
- Ability to identify market opportunities for new product
development projects to drive larger market share.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in implementing QC
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills to
communicate effectively with diverse groups of people both inside
and outside the company.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a global, multi-cultural,
multi-time zone environment.
- Sense of urgency, collaborative team style, and ability to
quickly adapt to changes in priorities with strong decision making
- Written communication skills necessary for technical report
writing, and strong follow-up skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task for timely project
- Must be hands-on and have a strong "whatever it takes" attitude
to get the job done.
- Familiar with ISO 9000 Systems and Supplier Quality Assurance
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and carry out
responsibilities with a minimum of direction.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem-solving tools and
- Experience dealing with Statistical Software Programs and a
strong understanding of statistical measurements.
- Experience managing quality to UL, CSA, ANSI and other
- Advanced computer skills in project management, spreadsheet,
and database and presentation software.
Keywords: Harbor Freight Tools, Irvine , Sr Manager of Product Development - Generators - Remote, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!