Quality Manager, Behavioral Health, Remote in the state of CA
Posted on: January 15, 2022
- Are you an experienced healthcare professional looking for a
- Are you motivated, energetic, and excited to become part of the
If so, you might be our next new team member!
Note: This is a remote position but you must live in the state of
California per contract requirements.
Who We Need
The Quality Manager oversees day-to-day operations of the Quality
Management Program, including the design, development, and
oversight of quality monitoring activities. The Quality Manager
maintains current information on clinical practice guidelines,
health tech assessments, research studies, policies, and
recommendations for expert medical testimony; maintains a policy
library; develops, coordinates, and implements testing and quality
assurance measures and activities; monitors testing and quality
assurance policies, processes and procedures; and prepares and
submits reports and deliverables on time as required. Supports
overall consistency, thoroughness, and accuracy of the Psychiatric
Inpatient Concurent Review process with the California Mental
Health Services Authority (CalMHSA).
Kepro is a rapidly growing national quality improvement and care
management organization. We work to ensure that over 20 million
people receive the right care, at the right time, in the right
People Focused. Mission Driven.
Shape the future of healthcare with us. We are mission driven to
improve lives through healthcare quality and clinical
We do this through our people.
At Kepro, you can do meaningful work that makes a real difference
for the lives of individuals across the country. We are an
organization that cares deeply about our employees and we provide
the training and support to do the best work of your career.
Benefits are a key component of your rewards package at Kepro.
These benefits are designed to provide you and your family
additional protection, security, and support for both your career
and your life away from work. They are comprehensive and fit a
variety of needs and situations. Our benefits include comprehensive
health plans, paid time off, retirement savings, corporate
wellness, educational assistance, corporate discounts and more.
What You'll Do
- Plans, coordinates, and directs quality assurance program
designed to ensure continuous quality of products consistent with
established standards and customer requirements.
- Oversees and facilitates all QA activities, provides continuous
improvement consulting services to internal customers, employs
knowledge of performance improvement strategies, principles,
methodology, techniques, and data analysis.
- Ensures accurate clinical reviews and determinations through
accurate assessment of the patient, relevant records, and
collateral sources of individuals.
- Establishes key performance indicators and maintains systems
for tracking, reporting and improving performance.
- Reviews audit results and identify the severity of findings or
the risk associated with the findings to ensure the appropriate
level of action is taken to eliminate non-conformance.
- Tracks or follows up on corrective action plans to ensure
completion of all items in the specified time frame.
- Review and evaluate reported crisis (i.e., highly urgent
service-related problem with immediate negative implications for
the Company) and formulate a plan of action for handling the
incident/issues based on area of expertise/responsibility.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings and
conducts case consultations/peer reviews/internal auditing.
- Performs ongoing reassessment of review process to offer
opportunities for improvement and/or change.
- Facilitates and supports Stakeholder Advisory Councils.
- Utilizes measurable indicators and outcome measurements to
determine whether the desired organizational results are
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in related health care discipline is
- Formal training or certification in quality preferred (CPHQ,
ISO, Six Sigma).
- Minimum of 2 years of Quality Management experience in a
- Quality management and/or compliance experience required.
- Experience identifying organizational needs and recommending
the appropriate improvements to increase organizational
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of Parity in Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder
Services Final Rule (Parity Rule; Title 42 of the CFR, part
- Knowledge of Medicaid programs with relevant experience
navigating similar complex projects.
- Knowledge of psychiatric disorders as defined by the most
current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual in use in
- Knowledge of standards of practice related to determination of
Level of Care.
- Knowledge of standards of practice related to mental health and
other disorders typically requiring psychiatric inpatient.
- Knowledge and understanding of public sector services and
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
Teams, and Outlook.
- Ability to determine a clinical diagnosis accounting for
psychological and behavioral issues.
- Ability to utilize computer equipment and web based software to
- Ability to interact with various office staff as needed to
support necessary workflows.
- Ability to interact with healthcare professionals, patients,
their families and other supports.
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups
through spoken, written and electronic media.
- Ability to attend to detail, effectively prioritize and execute
tasks in a timely manner.
We know your time is valuable and we thank you in advance for
applying for this position. Due to the high volume of applicants we
receive, only those who are chosen to advance in our interview
process will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in
Kepro and invite you to apply to future openings that may be of
interest. Best of luck in your search!
- The Kepro Talent Acquisition Team
Mental And Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be
made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with
a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit for prolonged periods of time; key and/or control
objects; interact extensively with internal and external customers;
occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds; and
occasionally travel within the state.
Kepro offers challenging careers, excellent benefits and
opportunities for advancement. For consideration, please submit
resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Only those
candidates identified for an interview will be contacted. No Phone
Calls Please. Visit our website at www.Kepro.com for more
information on the Kepro Family of Companies.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Kepro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Kepro, Irvine , Quality Manager, Behavioral Health, Remote in the state of CA, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!