VP, Data Science
Posted on: January 13, 2022
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving
lending market. mello---, the Greek word for "future," was the
product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research &
development to transform & streamline the home buying process into
a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello---
is just the beginning--- loanDepot will continue to invest in
developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around
serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide
exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you
have ideas-it's a perfect match. Come join us!loanDepot - We are
America's Lender.Position Summary: Heads the data science model
development team within the Business Intelligence department.
Serves as a strategic partner with senior leaders across the
company to develop impactful predictive statistical, ML and AI
models that will be embedded into the company's lead management,
mortgage origination and fulfillment processes. Demonstrates
proficiency with data science modeling and technology platforms and
has proven experience as a team builder. This position ensures the
performance of all duties in accordance with the company's policies
and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations,
wherein the company operates.Responsibilities:
- Oversees, manages, and mentors a team of Data Scientists to
ensure the team continues to grow their skills and helps define the
vision and goals of the Data Science team.
- Collaborates with architects and subject matter experts to
understand business needs and devises possible solutions.
- Responsible for analyzing structured and unstructured data sets
using advanced statistical methods for use in data driven decision
- Partners as needed with IT Engineers to deliver world-class
analytics and data science solutions across the business.
- Delivers machine learning algorithms to solve business specific
problems mapped to use cases.
- Researches and develops statistical learning models and keeps
up to date with latest technology trends.
- Implements new statistical or other mathematical methodologies
as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Optimizes joint development efforts through appropriate
database use, data engineering and ML model designs.
- Communicates results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.Requirements:
- Minimum of ten (10) + years of experience in data analytics or
data science with five (5) + years managing analytics and data
science teams and interacting with executives.
- A solid track record developing learning algorithms and
systems, an extensive background in data mining and statistical
analysis, and expertise in various data structures and common
methods in data transformation.
- Strong leadership capabilities with experience in collaborating
and leading, mentoring, and engaging teams.
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
with a demonstrated ability to visualize data and present core
insights in a clear and compelling way.
- Analytical mind and business acumen.
- Strong math skills and problem-solving aptitude
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to multi-task with rapid prototyping in agile
- Ability to make decisions that have an impact on the immediate
work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a
short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and
outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other
groups as needed.
- Experience with Machine/Deep learning software packages like
TensorFlow, Spark ML, R, etc.
- Proficiency in machine learning tools like Jupyter notebook,
Python and ML components in Azure Cloud environment.
- Experience using business intelligence visualization reporting
tools like Tableau and/or Power BI is required.
- Experience in data mining, data prep and cleansing using the
Azure platform and SQL Server, Alteryx, Informatica, Azure Synapse
or Snowflake a plus.
- Strong industry and/or domain knowledge in Mortgage Banking is
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied
Math, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, AI, ML, or a similar
technical field or related field is required. A Master's degree in
the same is a strong plus.Why work for #teamloanDepot:
- Aggressive earning potential and 401K with robust company
- Inclusive, diverse and collaborative culture where people from
all backgrounds can thrive
- Work with other passionate, purposeful and customer-centric
- Extensive internal growth and professional development
opportunities including tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package including
- Wellness program to support both mental and physical
- Generous paid time off for both exempt and non-exempt
positionsWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-JCLPM17
Keywords: loanDepot, Irvine , VP, Data Science, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!