Sr. Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Tyvak, a Terran Orbital Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
SUMMARY: Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital
company, is seeking a team-oriented and results-driven engineer to
support critical customers including but not limited to Aerospace
and Military by coordinating, and managing daily quality assurance
activities designed to ensure continuous quality improvement, and
consistent production of products in compliance with established
Quality Goals, Procedures, and Customers Requirements. The Quality
Assurance (QA) Manager will oversee the quality assurance
department and staff, developing, implementing, and maintaining a
system of quality and reliability testing for the plant's products
and development processes. As an integral part of the site
leadership team this role will lead the definition, execution, and
deployment of the strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with the
plant leadership team. The Quality manager will execute and
administer plant-wide Quality Management Systems Assurance, Quality
Control, and continuous improvement. As such, the leader in this
role will promote employee engagement while also fostering a
culture that drives inclusion and diversity throughout the site, as
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Includes the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Administer, maintain and evolve the company Quality Management
System in line with Tyvak strategy.
- Develops and analyzes data to determine that present processes
and procedures will meet the proposed quality and reliability
expectancy of the finished product. Will also assist in the
development/implementation of quality plans, and processes for new
customers, new products, and new technologies.
- Develop and maintain an effective work force of quality
assurance/engineering personnel to facilitate accomplishments of
quality assurance goals.
- Formulates and maintains quality assurance objectives and
coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation
with other plant managers, and quality staff to maximize product
quality/reliability and minimize costs.
- Support all team members engaged in production, inspection, and
testing activities to ensure the consistent and repeatable delivery
of conforming finished goods per customers' requirements.
- Plans, promotes and organizes training activities as required
related to workmanship, product quality, and reliability.
- Maintains and provides continuous improvement updates to the
organization's Quality Assurance Plan is coordination with the
company's objectives and customer requirements
- Address customer complaints regarding quality, based on
investigations, and ensures the timely implementation of related
preventive and corrective actions.
- Promotes awareness and strict compliance to all customer
requirements and deliverables throughout the organization.
RequirementsQualification Requirements To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Must be a citizen of the United States. Skills
- Ability to review and understand high reliability (HI-REL)
customers' requirements and their potential implications on an
- Strong methodology to investigate Root Cause and therefore
provide effective Corrective Action to avoid reoccurrences.
- A successful change agent willing to help Tyvak make changes
happen by inspiring and influencing others.
- Authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any
non-conformity relating to the product, process, and quality
- Able to Identify and record any problems relating to the
product, process, and quality system. To initiate, recommend, or
provide solutions through designated channels.
- Complete understanding of IPC Industry Standards, MIL-STD, and
NASA workmanship acceptability guidelines.
- Knowledge of machining, assembly operations, problem solving,
gauging, process capability, SPC, APQP, and quality management
systems ISO/9001, AS9100
- Knowledge and experience with AIAG Core Tools (SPC, PFMEA,
PPAP, APQP, MSA, QSA).
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor
(CQA), Certified Quality Manager - Operational Excellence (CQM-OE),
Six Sigma Greenbelt (CSSGB), ATEX, IECEx and In Metro certification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum seven (7) years' experience in a Quality function
within a high reliability manufacturing environment at least three
(3) of which should be in electronics
- Minimum five (5) years' experience managing people and/or
project teams Experience PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This is largely a
sedentary role with heavy computer usage. Position may require
incumbent to move files, open filing cabinets and bend/stand as
necessary. WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional
office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets
and fax machines.Benefits
- Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid
Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents.
- Generous Paid Company Holiday schedule.
- Paid Time Off Package.
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State.About Terran Orbital:Founded in 2013
in Irvine, California, with headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida.
Terran Orbital is a leading vertically integrated provider of
end-to-end satellite solutions. Terran Orbital combines satellite
design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and
in-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military,
civil, and commercial customers. In addition, Terran Orbital is
developing the world's largest, most advanced Next-Gen Earth
Observation constellation to provide persistent, real-time earth
imagery. Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in
any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Tyvak, a Terran Orbital Corporation, Irvine , Sr. Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!