Senior Market Development Manager- Beer Division
Company: Constellation Brands
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job DescriptionPosition SummaryThe primary function of a Sr.
Market Development Manager is to align and partner with one or more
wholesalers to meet and exceed company objectives in addition to
achieving execution excellence as outlined by Constellation Brands
Beer Divisions Retail Vision and Gold Network Distributor
Standards. This position is responsible for driving sales
performance by managing sales, retail execution, operations and key
relationships at Wholesaler(s) in an assigned geographic area. The
incumbent partners with an area General Manager to set priorities
and execute the business plan for a high priority sales
territory.ResponsibilitiesWholesaler Management Planning and
- Build an Annual Business Plan that supports CBBD's National
Priorities while setting volume, distribution and space growth
goals along with agreement on wholesaler tactical funds and
- Identify market specific business development opportunities to
grow Constellation share
- Meet with wholesaler leadership at least monthly to review
progress towards ABP goals, address gaps and create plans to close
- Develop tactics for Monthly Business Objectives that support
and help to achieve ABP goals
- Conduct weekly meetings with Constellation Brand Manager to
build reports, manage communication, build programming and generate
- Communicate all Retail Marketing Initiatives for
- Align with Field Marketing to help drive local marketing
initiatives and uncover sponsorship opportunities
- Partner with National Sales Organization, Regional Key Accounts
and On Premise to provide support and ensure wholesaler execution
for all retail programs
- Develop relationships with key personnel at all levels and
departments of the wholesaler
- Direct and implement training and development initiatives for
Wholesalers under management.
- Supervise and monitor the allocation and use of all
point-of-sale materials in accordance with budgeting and
- Monitor wholesaler inventories internally and externally,
address any out-of-stock or at-risk inventory issues with
wholesaler operations as well as CBBD Customer Logistics when
- Develop new item forecasts for any product innovation
- Provide forecasting adjustments to Business Unit Ops
- Develop Trimester plans in partnership with the area GM.
- Develop mutually agreed upon volume and distribution goals for
Wholesalers under management.
- Determine programming, CTF, LMF (Local Marketing Funds) and
Wholesaler Tactical expenditure levels.Pricing
- Conduct bi-annual pricing surveys in key independent
- Communicate all pricing and promotional calendars to
wholesaler, and share wholesaler pricing with National Sales,
Regional Key Account team and On Premise partners
- Identify any competitive pricing activity and address with
Business Unit Finance Manager
- Identify market pricing opportunities and make recommendations
including objectives for any change proposed.
- Notify and gain commitment from Wholesalers once price changes
have been approved.
- Ensure target PTR/PTC's are executed.
- Evaluate new product market-level pricing and determine
go-forward approach.CTF/ LMF Budgets
- Develop CTF investment strategy at the Wholesaler Level by
Sales Priority for the upcoming year.
- Control, plan and balance multiple budgets including but not
limited to Constellation Tactical Fund, Local Marketing Fund,
Permanent and Thematic POS.
- Monitor budget compliance and communicates regularly with
- In conjunction with Key Account, National Account and
Wholesalers execute new product roll out plans.
- Build bottoms up forecast levels working with National Accounts
and Wholesalers.Volume Driving Initiatives
- Identify Wholesaler performance gaps to plan and recommend
- Develop the tactics and resource plan for initiatives to ensure
effective execution and communicate plan of action to all
- For volume initiatives that already been launched, develop
corrective actions where gaps exist and/or identify opportunities
- For volume initiative options under consideration, analyze,
prioritize and make recommendations for GM consideration.
- Gain commitment from the Wholesaler network to support the plan
for each new initiative and ensure their cooperation throughout the
timeframe for execution.Supply Chain
- Ensure Wholesalers maintain adequate product inventory levels
and demonstrate proper inventory rotation.
- Work with Wholesalers to prioritize supply chain issues related
to code date/aging inventory problems and make recommendations to
GM on most appropriate course of action.9. Complete other duties as
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience in the CPG
- Minimum of 5 years of consumer product sales and sales
- Computer literacy with the ability to use software applications
including Microsoft Word, Excel at advanced level, and PowerPoint,
and e-mail programs such as Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to utilize Business Information reporting tools such as
Cognos 7/8 and sales reporting tools such as Retail Vision.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 30% of his/her working time,
including ability to drive up to 5 hrs.Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be proactive in
identifying customer issues, recommending solutions and executing
effectively to ensure resolution.
- Proven track record in building effective relationships with
customers and internal associates.
- Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all
commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with minimum
direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated solid analytical and math skills.Physical
- Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit.
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance stairs/ladders.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust
focus, peripheral vision.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver's license, be able to drive a car and
travel via plane/train as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or
stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended
periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.LocationIrvine, CaliforniaAdditional LocationsAnaheim,
CaliforniaJob TypeFull timeJob AreaSalesEqual
OpportunityConstellation Brands is committed to a continuing
program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal
employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of
their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation,
national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental
disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics),
marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender
expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic
information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related
conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of
the applicable discrimination laws and regulations). Constellation
Brands (NYSE: STZ and STZ.B), a Fortune 500-- company, is a leading
international producer and marketer of beer, wine and spirits with
operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand, Italy and Canada.
Constellation is the No. 3 beer company in the U.S. with high-end,
iconic imported beer brands such as the Corona and Modelo brand
families and Pacifico. Its high-quality wine and spirits brands
include the Robert Mondavi and The Prisoner Wine Company brand
families, Kim Crawford, Ruffino, Meiomi and SVEDKA Vodka. The
company's portfolio also includes a collection of highly-rated wine
brands such as SIMI and Mount Veeder Winery, spirits brands High
West Whiskey and Casa Noble Tequila, as well as new wine
innovations such as Cooper & Thief and Spoken Barrel. Based in
Victor, N.Y., the company believes that industry leadership
involves a commitment to brand building, our trade partners, the
environment, our investors, and to consumers around the world who
choose our products when celebrating big moments or enjoying quiet
ones. Since its founding in 1945, Constellation's ability to see,
meet and stay ahead of shifting consumer preferences and trends
across total beverage alcohol has fueled our success and made us
the No. 1 growth contributor in beverage alcohol in the U.S.
Keywords: Constellation Brands, Irvine , Senior Market Development Manager- Beer Division, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!