Embedded Software Test Engineer - Energy Management Systems (Irvine)
Company: Rivian Automotive
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Embedded Software Test Engineer - Energy Management Systems
(Irvine) United States, California, Irvine Rivian--is on a mission
to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the
emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the
curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.-- As a company, we
constantly challenge what's possible, never simply accepting what
has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions
and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds
are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a
desire to protect it for future generations.-- THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL
- Support software and ECU-level testing of vehicle software in
the domains of thermal management, energy and power management,
charging, and/or vehicle networking, etc.
- Develop blackbox test strategies for ECU functions.
- Ensure the SW has been implemented correctly per interface
specifications and protocols using software-in-loop testing, and
- Lead failure and root cause analysis for embedded software and
hardware integration issues.
- Use your experience and expertise to troubleshoot, diagnose,
document and repair problems that may arise with the test
- Design and build test tools as needed for the vehicle. THIS IS
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Strong understanding of embedded firmware development in
C/C++/Python or Matlab is preferred.
- Experience with data acquisition and calibration software
(CANalyzer, CANape or similar xcp/ccp interface tools, JTAG/DAP
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (DoIP, CAN,
CANFD, Automotive Ethernet, LIN, etc)
- Experienced in firmware integration, vehicle level testing and
debugging is plus.
- Strong firsts principle approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and
deliver technical projects
- Experience delivering customer-facing software and
- A degree in either Bachelor of Science in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent. THIS IS WHERE
- Location: Irvine, California and Palo Alto, California Rivian
is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable
federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender
identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or
mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age,
military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Rivian is committed to ensuring
that our hiring process is accessible for persons with
disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those
covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires
accommodations to assist you in the search and application process,
please email us firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that we
are currently not accepting applications from third party
Keywords: Rivian Automotive, Irvine , Embedded Software Test Engineer - Energy Management Systems (Irvine), Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!