Company: First Transit
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Human Resources Manager Join First Transit as we invest in an
exciting future. You'll enjoy a career full of variety, while being
responsible for organizational development, policies and programs
covering employment, compensation, benefits, performance
management, employee relations, recruiting and retention, and
compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Human Resources Manager major responsibilities:
- Develops recruitment strategies using local labor market
information, local wage analysis, employment and retention
analysis, and research in compliance with company hiring
- Conducts EEO/Employee Relations/Employee Complaint
investigations. Advise management on the proper administration of
follow up and discipline.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws and First
- Files papers and documents in appropriate employee files.
- Conducts interviews and on-boarding within company hiring
standards and within state and federal compliance.
- Participates in union contract negotiations and helps with
- Manages Employee database.
- Process terminations and conduct exit interviews.
- Manages FMLA requests.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee
requests and questions.
- Conducts benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Reviews and ensures compliance with all federal and state
employment legislation. Prepares and submits related reports.
- Reconciles the benefits statements.
- Receives and responds to inquiries concerning employee policies
and procedures and other location functions.
- Manages timekeeping and payroll system for employees.
- Updates HR spreadsheet with employee change request and
- Assists HR Director with various research special
- Other duties as assigned Human Resources Manager requirements:
- 5 years experience in HR functions preferred
- Union experience preferred
- Strong team-building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel First Transit is a leading
provider of transportation contract and management services, moving
more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs
more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through
fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail
operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto
Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service,
First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the
industry. We aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Irvine , HR Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!