Staff Technical Program Manager - Battery, Manufacturing
Company: Rivian Automotive
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Staff Technical Program Manager - Battery, Manufacturing United
States, California, Irvine Rivian--is on a mission to keep the
world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free
Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous
souls we seek to attract.-- As a company, we constantly challenge
what's possible, never simply accepting what has always been done.
We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably
in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our
team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for
future generations.-- Role Summary As one of our Technical Program
Managers, you will oversee-- Manufacturing Engineering-- projects
from concept through launch, including conceptualization, design,
procurement, installation, commissioning, and turnover to--
Operations . This role will focus on the development of-- Rivian' s
core-- factory-- equipment and processes --in the Battery Pack and
Module areas. Responsibilities
- Work with the cross-functional team to build a comprehensive
plan for each project, highlighting the critical path. Track actual
progress against the plan. Plan covers all aspects - scope, cost,
- Highlight and --actively --troubleshoot risks or misses against
- Build and improve project execution tools and processes.
- Distill organizational goals into strategic roadmaps and--
break down --into program plans.
- Actively cultivate Rivian company culture within the
Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Help fill organizational gaps to keep the critical path on
track.-- Examples-- include :
- Analyzing d ata to inform a prioritization or-- problem-solving
- Managing-- equipment suppliers --or --install ation--
- Facilitating tactical stand-ups or-- problem-solving
- Understand ing-- technical decisions and draw ing-- connections
between groups Qualifications
- 3 + --years designing and launching equipment-- and process--
into manufacturing environments.
- 2+ years-- in a project manager role facilitating a
cross-functional team --to deliver projects.
- Prior e xperience-- with-- lithium based --energy storage
systems-- a plus.
- Familiarity with a standard product development process --and
common tools-- such as-- D /P FMEA, DV/PV testing, PPAP , etc.
- Experience managing-- 3 rd --party resources --such as
contractors, skilled tradespeople, or suppliers.
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical --or--
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Rivian is committed to
ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with
disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those
covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires
accommodations to assist you in the search and application process,
please email us email@example.com . Please note that we
are currently not accepting applications from third party
Keywords: Rivian Automotive, Irvine , Staff Technical Program Manager - Battery, Manufacturing, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!