Vice President, P&C
Company: Western Growers Family of Companies
Posted on: April 8, 2021
You spend more than half of your waking hours working. Make
these precious, fleeting moments matter by working for an
organization and a cause you can believe in.--
Western Growers exists for one reason only: to ensure the future
viability of its members - the hard-working, salt of the earth
farmers who grow the fruits, vegetables and tree nuts that feed our
nation and nourish our bodies. But their way of life, their ability
to pass their multi-generational farms and family legacies on to
their children and grandchildren, is being jeopardized by a host of
threats, many of them beyond their control. They face a growing
litany of laws and regulations that make it increasingly difficult
and expensive to do business.--
Our members depend on us to help them remain competitive and
profitable in spite of these trying circumstances, which we do by
fighting - heart and soul - for them every single day. We
passionately advocate for them in the halls of Congress and on the
steps of the state capitol. We actively facilitate the advancement
of technology designed to help them become more efficient and less
dependent on diminishing resources. We diligently provide health
insurance to their farm workers, as well as other insurance
solutions tailored to the unique business. We do all of this, and
more, from a position of leadership in the agriculture industry,
which requires a team of intelligent, inquisitive and innovative
individuals sold out for our common purpose.
Job Description Summary This position reports to the President of
Western Growers Insurance Services (WGIS) and is active on the WGIS
leadership team. This position is responsible for the oversight of
the sales team for all property and casualty lines of business. The
incumbent will lead the property and casualty sales efforts to
provide creative insurance options for Western Growers Association
(WGA) members and prospective clients. Additionally, the incumbent
is responsible for the sales strategy to include growing new
business and retention of existing business. The position will have
the following direct reports; Seven Sales Executives (SE) located
throughout California and Arizona. Qualifications
- BA/BS degree and five (5) to eight (8) years of commercial
insurance brokerage sales (including managing and developing a
sales team) experience.
- Active CA/AZ Property Casualty Insurance license.
- Superior leadership and team development skills in a high
volume, high energy, dynamic, fast-paced sales environment.
- High-level carrier relationships and large account broking
experience. Program experience a plus.--
- Excellent consultative, selling, negotiation, and relationship
- Strong knowledge of multiple product lines, distribution
channels, and the competitive market relative to the commercial
- Strong experience in risk management sized accounts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly
with presentations, proposals, financial and internet
- Advanced knowledge of tracking and prospect database systems
utilization to effectively target, analyze, and report on potential
groups and membership objectives.
- Advanced computer experience with Salesforce and Microsoft
Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to
various locations throughout the U.S. (mainly California and
Arizona) up to 50% of the time. --Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, direction, and vision to the sales and
account management teams aimed at the execution of the sales,
service, and retention strategies.
- Effectively translate and communicate company and segment
strategies; develop and implement tactical plans resulting in the
achievement of company growth and earnings objectives.
- Define, develop, and manage multiple differentiators to achieve
overall sales goals and foster relationships.
- Create and execute large account sales strategy and modify to
achieve increased results. Assemble and lead teams from across all
aspects of the Association.
- Achieve personal production goals as agreed to with
- Lead and support presentations; create relationships with large
client prospects. Create peer-level relationships with large
prospective members' executive teams.
- Lead large account renewal and new business process from
"huddles" to presentations.
- Hold monthly performance accountability meetings with the sales
- Work with peers in the Association, Assurance Trust, Pinnacle,
and other parts of the organization to build relationships and
drive the desired results for all involved.
- Develop, manage, and lead a team of 3A+ self-accountable
- Develop a culture of real, personal accountability by modeling
the behavior that defines it.
- Instill a culture of safety and expectation, within your
- Require direct reports to hold themselves accountable to high
standards of performance and personal conduct, in a clear, helpful,
- Conduct one-on-one conversations with every direct report,
quarterly, focused on their 3A+ capabilities, impact, and
- Make decisions and choices, impacting staff, by using the steps
as outlined in the "Outward Mindset Skills for Leaders" guide.
- Assess, coach, and recruit talent.
- Identify and source acquisition opportunities. Administrative
- Develop budgets, schedules, and sales incentive plans;
administrative oversight, and operations.
- Report on the monthly sales team performance accountability
meetings to executive leadership.
- Create a large account strategy and identify current
capabilities within Association entities, identify needed
resources, and weave together to create a value proposition. Other
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission--- to enhance
the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything
possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to
understand what others are trying to achieve, planning, and
executing work helpfully and collaboratively. Be willing to adjust
efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others,
being self-accountable, creating a positive impact, and being
diligent in delivering results.
- Maintain a valid CA/AZ Property Casualty Insurance
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to
locations throughout the U.S. (mainly California and Arizona) up to
50% of the time.
- All other duties as assigned. Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform
the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with
others. The employee frequently is required to travel to both
indoor and outdoor areas that can vary in exposure and temperature.
The employee is frequently required to operate a motor vehicle, use
objects, tools, or controls, and/or required to lift up to 50lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. You
have been redirected to a Western Growers Family of Companies job
Keywords: Western Growers Family of Companies, Irvine , Vice President, P&C, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!